Hassan Astaitie started the professional experience by managing his own commercial farm, considered once the largest farm in Lebanon, for the production of Livestock, forage, and niche dairy processing in the rural area of North East Lebanon, and then started consultation work as a specialist in Livestock technical extension, and businesses, especially for milk and meat production. Now with over 30 years of applied and academic experience in the field of Livestock, dairy, and fattening production. Key skills include technical extension assessment, analysis, and planning for international development projects, financial and business management for the livestock sector, for dairy and meat production, implementing business and technical analysis for ongoing or startup livestock businesses, and writing technical extension plans, and business feasibility, on a national level for international development projects, and for startup mega-farms.
Istaytiyyah Farm: Working privately in my own commercial farm for mainly Awassi Sheep and Shami and Baladi Goats production, and later established NIAAJ SAL for Awassi Sheep and Goats production
• Key specialty is in feasibility studies for mega-livestock dairy and fattening farms, and assessment of the business and technical farm operations
• Twenty-nine+ years of experience in the MENA region, mainly in the high-risk tribal regions in Lebanon
• 20+ years of specialist in livestock value chain analysis, technical, livelihood, and rural development for agro-pastoral communities, MSMEs, livestock, dairy, and forage businesses
• Extension training curriculum development, and training implementation, for women and youth start-ups and entrepreneurs, in livestock and dairy production.
• Supervised agriculture, livestock, and dairy value chain, and extension services projects for international NGOs, as full-time, and many consultancies for USAID, EU, and WFP-funded projects
• Implementing business and technical analysis for MSMEs ongoing or start-ups, and professional livestock businesses, at the national and regional level
• Implementing livestock sector technical assessment and analysis at the national level in Lebanon and Jordan, and recommending technical extension plan related to nutrition, health, and general management for improving livestock production and for better revenues
• Designing technical extension plans, and marketing interventions for international NGOs project proposals
• Training Veterinarians and extension officers working with the Lebanese Ministry of Agriculture, and livestock producers on technical extension aspects
• Arabic native language, and fluent in English