With over 12 years in the video games industry, I am a Producer having worked for notable, leading edge companies such as Nintendo and Feral Interactive as well as start-ups in roles ranging from QA Lead, e-manual programmer, QA Manager and Producer. I am experienced with project management and release, having dealt with shipping, from concept to launch, innovative original IP & licensed products from Disney, Marvel, iTV, among others across iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, VR, & Web. I am also highly proficient in development, technical art, publishing, live ops & software testing on AAA consoles, handhelds, Windows, VR, Mac, iOS, Linux and Android platforms with an extensive list of AAA projects shipped.
Graduated 2010 Master of Arts (Honours) Philosophy & Theological Studies with a 2:1
Modules studied included: Computer Science, Discrete Mathematics, Internet Programming, Information Technology, Psychology & Neuroscience, Management: Organisations & Society, Reason and Argument, Theology: Issues and History, Logic, Ethical Theory, Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Language & Reality,
Contemporary Epistemology, Philosophy of Religion.
Webmaster providing up-to-date news reports for video games, writing review articles, fully playing and critiquing specific games. Involved web development, community management as well as product testing on various platforms
– Lead tester position working with translators, coordinators, project managers and producers in guiding and contributing to a 6 person testing team
– Autonomous responsibility for providing thorough and meticulous quality assurance in software production
– Organised and disciplined investigative skills in proofreading, editing, technical writing, software testing, product testing, localisation and detailed report compilation, often working under pressure to tight deadlines
– Confidence and enthusiasm when liaising and negotiating with colleagues at all levels to achieve common goals
Editing, validating, testing and providing feedback for E-manual creation in association with Nintendo’s Virtual Console department. Liaising between testers, translators and coordinators across language teams in-house and with the client in order to track, compile and develop E-manual revisions.
Games and hardware tester position specialising in the Mac, iOS and Linux platforms.
Performing lead QA duties in an Agile environment across numerous diverse AAA titles
– Liaising closely with developers, producers, technical support and marketing departments to present detailed overviews of several simultaneous project statuses
– Comprehensive project planning, test plan creation, statistical analysis and data visualisation across multiple AAA titles concurrently
– Manage & inspire teams of QA technicians to efficiently guide delivery of best selling, performant and award winning AAA games to Mac, Linux and iOS platforms through polished professional testing protocols
– Administer game production back-ends for major digital distribution platforms (Valve’s Steam and Apple’s App Store), pushing updates live across millions of active users and internally to licensed partners including industry-leading publishers and developers worldwide
Creation and full ownership of the QA department, its standards and practices.
● Sole responsibility for establishing, implementing and developing the QA pipeline.
● Performing lead QA duties in an Agile environment across numerous diverse games and projects across mobile & VR platforms among others.
● Acting as mentor to QA testers to help establish the best possible standards, practices and end product quality.
● Liaising closely with developers, producers, senior management and marketing departments to present detailed project status updates across multiple simultaneous projects.
● Managing outsourcing for external LQA/Localisation
● Exemplary project planning, test plan creation, statistical analysis and data visualisation across numerous titles concurrently.
● Initiating and conducting recruitment across the department.
● Sole responsibility for both release management and live-ops for iOS, Android and Oculus/Meta involving expert level knowledge of the relevant content management systems.
As the longest serving member of the production team I oversee and actively manage all internal and external production on existing titles as well as administer road-mapping, resourcing and project planning for future titles. I head up several development teams across the full software development lifecycle from concept to release and live-ops.
My responsibilities include:
● Delivery of all projects on time and on budget whilst retaining a meticulous eye for high quality and organisation.
● Managing a wide development team of programmers, designers, artists, and QA working across multiple demanding projects, delegating and tracking daily tasks and acting as the liaison which cements the development team and the rest of the studio together into an efficient, working whole.
● Project management within an Agile framework conducting R&D, concepting, setting acceptance criteria, running stand-ups and scrums, extensive sprint planning and design definition, story pointing, gathering estimates and establishing velocity, administering & initiating Jira and kanban boards, creating & maintain gantt charts, ensuring sprint reviews & incremental working-build focussed development, concisely relaying milestones to senior management, managing the backlog and version control & overseeing retrospectives.
● Managing any external development and contractors on a daily basis to ensure exemplary communication between all parties and provide insightful risk assessment.
● Intimate experience with pre- & post-release management across many content management systems
● Being the key point of contact for solving any issue jeopardising timely product delivery with a critical role in day-to-day problem solving, quality assurance and providing wide-ranging technical solutions.
● Developing and implementing best Agile practices and methodologies across the company to inspire the best output from team members.
● Implementing initiatives to ensure bottlenecks and blockers are minimised.
Exclusive, experimental and pre-release features
For people just getting started
Everything in Free, and: