Communications professional with +6 years of experience, specialising in developing and executing PR and public affairs strategies to achieve the business goals of my clients. Versatile communicator, able to convey your message to the right audiences across a variety of platforms.
Political affairs professional with a thorough understanding of the current political landscape. Main areas of expertise include strategic communication, public relations, copywriting, political affairs, and advocacy.
Experience both in consultancy and in-house departments for organisations ranging from FTSE100 companies to enterprises within the public and third sectors.
Policy and communication adviser for the UK’s statutory regulator of the medical profession.
– National lead on policy and communication areas concerning medical standards and ethics, patient and public engagement, workforce wellbeing and health equality & inclusion.
– Responsible for developing and implementing the organisation’s public affairs and engagement strategies.
– Writing consultation responses, parliamentary briefings and evidence submissions to Parliament and committees.
– Directly briefing the CEO and Chair to achieve the strategic objectives of meetings with key partners.
– Building and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, while advising Government and regulatory partners on health regulation and workforce strategies.
– Monitoring the passage of Bills, influencing legislation and supporting the organisation’s own public consultation processes.
– Sharing intelligence across the +1,500 employee organisation on relevant developments concerning the wider health regulation landscape in the UK.
Junior consultant with a range of 14 accounts in sectors including health and social care; mental health and education; green economy and sustainability; housing and urban development; tech; and the food and drinks industry.
– Achieving successful communication outcomes through engaging PR and public affairs campaigns.
– Publishing opinion pieces, articles and blog entries – bylined and ghostwritten – on behalf of clients.
– Drafting press releases, newsletters and creating social media content.
– Responsible for the strategy and management of social media and digital marketing campaigns.
– Providing opportunities to promote clients to a range of audiences across regional, national and international media Growing my professional network by building valuable relationships with journalists and key stakeholders. – Evaluating, reporting and pitching the progress, outcomes and performance of campaigns to clients.
– Performing daily political monitoring and in-depth research on policy areas of interest to clients.
– Assisting the PR and public affairs team.
– Drafting press releases, opinion pieces and briefing reports.
– Managing digital communication and social media content.
– Engaging with the press, building relationships with journalists and ensuring media coverage Monitoring policy developments and parliamentary activity.
– Responsible for the conception and implementation of all PR and advertising strategies.
– Digital marketing planning to improve the business’ online presence & increase audience engagement.
– Managing communications B2B, B2C & negotiations over sponsorships with national & international brands.
– Creation of content for social media channels, weekly email newsletter & e-marketing campaigns.
– Building relations with reporters and editors of newspapers & Scottish trade magazines.