Hello, I’m Ryan Walsh, a Mechanical Engineer in search of new opportunities.
I am looking to pursue a career in management using my engineering skills to become a better leader. During my time working as a project engineer at Solar FlexRack, I found a passion for leading just as much as designing. Working with design engineers, electrical engineers, sales teams, and accounting departments allowed me to learn many disciplines while focusing on my tasks throughout the day. The experience gained through my work and hobbies helped drive the desire to take the next step in finding a new role.
• Leadership development, problem-solving in a written form, public presentation
• Managed and designed over 20Mw’s fixed tilt and tracker-based solar projects.
o Performed finite element analysis (FEA) on racking systems to choose appropriate materials based on determined tolerances and International Building Codes.
o Communicated with salesman and customers to clarify project scope and allowed for better solutions to be given.
o Learned to provide efficient solutions to onsite issues by utilizing the multiple disciplines within our team.
• Utilized Microsoft Excel VBA to improve existing processes.
o Decreased the amount of time to complete each quote by 20 minutes/quote by developing a code that upgraded an existing template to be used by the engineering team.
o On average, 1-2 more hours/day could be spent on completing existing project drawings, allowing earlier start dates for on-site construction.
• Developed layout configurations for conveyor belt systems based on existing building structures which improved plant efficiency with material transfers.
• Created accurate fabrication drawings to assist in hardware implementation for various projects.
o Decreased progress delays in construction by effectively communicating with metal fabrication team to create, fabricate, and deliver solutions to issues that would arise.
• Integrated unique customer requests into current company models to provide customers with new solutions to their incoming requests using SolidWorks.
• Assisted in AutoCAD HVAC design of ductwork layouts to allow for proper ventilation in recycling warehouses.
• Performed design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) and tolerance stack-ups to analyze and verify data for new and/or revised products.
• Adapted to multi-location team structures amidst the company merger and communicated information to multiple managing figures.
o Unified working disciplines from each location to allow smoother avenues of communication by gathering and presenting the needs of managers to the appropriate parties during the company’s transition.
• Developed a new product that converted a rotationally actuated valve to a linearly actuated valve.
o Customers requested a design change to a current product based on their needs on new job site.