I was a First-Year Guide (FYG) and Orientation Coordinator (OC)for three years. This experience strengthened my leadership, time management, and critical thinking skills. As a FYG, many of my tasks were sending out mass email announcements and responding to questions from my new students within 24 hours. Also, I had to plan and execute monthly student activities. As a result of this experience, I am a good collaborator that ensures that everyone’s ideas are heard and incorporated. As an OC, I was also responsible for directing the training for the FYGs as well as serving as a resource for new students and their families.
3.9 GPA with Honors
● Supervised and coordinated the activities of the sta and faculty.
● Created employee contracts.
● Promoted and marketed the program.
● Providing guidance and assistance to sta, in the performance of their duties.
● Spearheaded the creation, planning and execution of UArts Queer Prom. Increased attendance from 200 to 300 attendees.
● Grew the club budget to $5,000 by obtaining outside sponsors. Increased the number of sponsors by approximately 40%.
● Spokesperson and liaison with administration and outside press and sponsors
● Organized and participated in biweekly meetings and activities.
● Promoted to Orientation Coordinator after serving as a FYG for four semesters.
● Directed five training sessions for over 20 FYGs. Developed best practices for engagement and inclusion.
● Served as a resource for incoming students and their families by answering questions, troubleshooting problems, and engaging them in planned activities.
●Taught for 6 weeks ( ages 8-16 years old) created and demonstrated choreography, across the floor combinations, warm up, and personal corrections.