Driven and adaptable Educator equipped with a Certificate in User Experience (UX) Design and 12 years of work experience assessing performance quality, developing reports, and implementing product design. Diligent professional skilled in conducting technical research, developing learning materials, and writing curriculums. Adept at managing projects, utilizing technical design tools to create marketing materials, and collaborating with leadership teams to coordinate events/programs. Seeking role as UX Designer.
9th Grade English Teacher. Created educational presentations to engage reluctant audiences. Planned curriculum, delivered instruction, assessed progress, and used data to improve results in a positive feedback loop.
● Oversee curriculum development by gathering requirements data to determine learning needs, utilizing various technical tools to create engaging content, and tracking client progress to identify areas for improvement to ensure optimal learning outcomes improving scores for student cohorts.
● Content Creation: Write, create, and execute a virtual curriculum for 200 clients.
● Technology: Utilized multiple digital tools and LMS systems to manage learning journeys and track progress of clients.
Wrote an award-winning three-book series for young adults, focusing on themes of self-acceptance and mental health.
● Sales: Analyzed SEO, website metrics, Amazon data, and quarterly sales reports to manage readership. Used social media ads, blog interviews, and podcasts to bring cold leads to author website. Leveraged fan base to fund Kickstarter for third book, raising 200% of target goal in one day.
● Communication: Presented instructional workshops, panels, and public speaking engagements for audiences of large attendees.
● Multimedia Creation: Recorded and produced 3 audiobooks, experience with Audacity and Adobe Audition.
Founded theatre programs in two districts, combining personnel and resources from three different buildings. Managed project marketing by conducting technical research, coordinating event logistics, and utilizing content generation/editing tools to create marketing materials increasing event turnout by 150% against projected metrics.
● Project Management: Executed 12 complex theatrical productions. Researched and designed technical elements, created marketing materials, implemented front-of-house systems for sales. Planned and organized travel and technical logistics for award-winning touring projects including accommodations, transportation, meals, and performances.
● Collaboration: Managed a four-person leadership team overseeing 100 students per year and 15 adult volunteers. Coordinated with administrators across the district and built relationships with the transportation department.
● Sales: Increased theatrical budget by 500% through fundraising and sales. Implemented use of new online ticketing system to convert to electronic sales and maintain customer data to create email list for future productions.
● Video and Graphic Design: Created marketing content such as flyers, posters, and shirts, as well as video such as trailers, theatrical projections and documentaries. Experienced with Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects.
5th Grade ELA Teacher
• Curriculum Writing: Wrote and developed ELA curriculum utilizing Common Core standards. Curriculum included required readings, exemplar texts, scope and sequence, custom learning objectives, assessments, grading system, and lesson plans.
• Building Relationships: Formed and maintained positive working relationships with demanding, high pressure clients in a high-income private school environment through regular email contact, phone calls, and in-person conferences. Listened to client needs and concerns and responded with concrete positive steps to address any issues.
• Leadership: Spearheaded the effort to select a more research-based Science of Reading curriculum program and trained 10 staff members in the adoption of Amplify CKLA and Fundations. Leveraged relationships with other departments to expand this program to other buildings. New program resulted in a 20% growth on standardized testing.
6th/7th Grade English Teacher
● Leadership: Served on building-level leadership team, designed and implemented building policy, co-authored state improvement plan with identified weaknesses, key data points, and strategies for performance improvements.
● Professional Development Training: Presented professional development to 50 staff members on the importance of instilling a growth mindset in students and provided practical lessons for them to deliver.
● Product Implementation: Researched and implemented multiple programs to address school needs and improve student performance. Trained building staff on their use, including new tools for digitally managing student workflow using 1-to-1
technology and implementing new digital classroom management tools. This resulted in our ability to deliver instruction entirely digitally when necessary, and eliminated an average of 2 3 snow days per year.