I use the diversity of the city, the vibrancy of the people and my innovative system of
dressing as my inspiration for my designs, with the insight of a new generation perspective and the ethos of the Bay Area informing my decisions around silhouettes, proportions
and fabrication in my design processes.
During my time at California College of the Arts, I used the diversity of the city, the vibrancy of the people and my innovative system of dressing as my inspiration for my designs.
My obsession with denim began during my time at CCA; with frequent trips to the local thrift shops. I knew I wanted to find a way to incorporate denim into my brand as a designer. My junior and senior year were spend learning as much as I could about: cotton, denim, dying techniques and all of the ways I can manipulate denim into unique silhouettes.
During my time as a designer for Abercrombie & Fitch, I utilized my strong passion and knowledge of denim, on the Hollister Girls Denim and Twill team. This opportunity taught me the value of team work, flexibility, leadership, communication and most importantly, understanding the customer and always putting her in the front of mind when designing so we give her what she wants while challenging her to try new things. Designing for the average American and International teenage girl is far from my own personal design aesthetic, but I happily accepted the challenge. I’ve grown as a designer during my time on this team.
The combination of my street wear style and Hollister’s brand DNA resulted in many insightful conversations about possible new customers and led to many designs that have pushed the customer into trying something that evolves their idea of the Hollister customer.
– Assisted in the development of collections.
– Presented designs and seasonal concepts that reflected
– Design Lead for the “Curvy Jeans” campain.
– Conducted Market and focus group research for the
Curvy Jeans Line
– Aided the design developement process; ensuring creative
– Supported the Leads of Design and Production for fit and
aesthetic alignment with the season and market needs.
– Utilized my garment construction knowledge to work
alongside the Tech team for the most accurate fit.
– Particiated in all cross functional team meetings, ensuring
close communication and alignment on the design process.
– Independently ran Fashion Trend meetings on a weekly basis;
where all of our cross functional partners were in attendence.
– Maintainined the teams “Design Process Calander” ensuring
our team met all deadlines.
– Used Adobe software (illustrator and Photoshop mainly) to
design into new silhouettes, fashion details and colorways.
– Worked alongside the Color and Fabric Scientist on campus
on new colorway and denim washes to present to the
– Lead the Hardware and Trims department for our team.
– Traveled on multiple Trend Forcasting Trips; to bring back
our fashion findings to the Department Leads
– Conducted Market Research with our customer focus groups
in Ohio, California and New York