Hey there! I’m John Olusodo, also known as everyone’s favourite middle man.
I am a passionate and results-driven Account Manager with a passion for delivering exceptional client experiences and driving growth through strategic marketing initiatives. With a background in engineering and finance, I bring a fresh perspective to the industry that has allowed me to excel in roles demanding adept project management, client relations, and collaborative teamwork.
Currently seeking a role that allows me to think strategically and out of the box, while focusing on on nurturing and fostering strong client relationships.
•Serve as the primary day-to-day lead on client business and support on ongoing internal and external company events projects related to pre-event marketing campaigns, onsite event support and post event analysis.
• Assist in the creation of project documentation including requirements documentation, project briefs, work-back schedules, timelines, project status, estimates, etc.
• Oversee all stages of the project life cycle, from strategic planning, vendor negotiations, budget management, staffing, reconciliation etc.
• Responsible and accountable for the management of multiple client projects, deliverables, productions, and implementation, sometimes while maintaining a minimum profit margin of 40% required by certain venues.
• Manage & motivate multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, multiple-project environment.
• Build and maintain relationships with all stakeholders. Regularly keep all stakeholders apprised of project status to ensure all expectations are accounted for and met.
• Utilized creativity to design impactful marketing collateral, resulting in a 20% increase in client brand awareness.
• Developed and maintained a diverse portfolio of high-profile clients in the Toronto area, including popular venues and companies such as Lobby, Bar St Lo, ComeSeeMe, Myth, Two twos, and The libertine.
• Oversaw a crucial stage of the trade life cycle by driving the trade affirmation and settlement portion of the operations team, ensuring process deadlines were met and delivered exceptional customer service in order to resolve settlement issues with traders, counter-parties, and custodians.
• Created and led the execution of internal projects involving process enhancement/automation with the use of tools such as JIRA and HubSpot increasing productivity by 20%. Also executed professional presentations regarding process solutions to the operations and software development teams to determine the viability of each solution.
• Led and mentored a team of junior associates and interns to manage the daily end of day trade matching involving over 400 executed trades (stocks, bonds, options etc.) worth over $200million, spanning several counterparties and prime brokers.
• Built cross functional relationships with the Investment team, execution brokers, and prime brokers throughout the trade life cycle, in order to enhance overall company performance.
• Exceeded daily email quotas and objectives, addressing on average 40-50 emails a day involving settlement issues, money wires, trader inquires etc.
• Processed corporate actions and performed company research to conduct analysis, set up securities and update valuations.
•Led and facilitated process improvement teams providing Lean tools such as process flow charts, Value Stream Mapping, basic statistics, control charts, and Lean Daily Management (LDM).
• Collaborated on the review and generation of standard operating procedures (SOP) and work instructions. Liaising with production engineers and process operatives to include all relevant documentation and adherence to applicable Quality System Regulations (QSR).
•Reported non-conformances associated with components, in-process materials and finished products, that were identified at any stage of production or storage, saving company over $30k.
•Supported numerous product launches in a regulated environment, to include direct interface with future partners and sponsors.