Spirited Operations and Finance Director with a love of strategic planning, operations, and systems implementation. Strategic thinker experienced in scaling systems, managing multiple workstreams, cultivating relationships, seeking opportunities to enact change and maximize impact on a larger scale.
“People are full of great ideas paired with great strategy and operations; those ideas come to fruition.”
• Direct members (3) of operations teams; set team goals, manage workstreams and conduct evaluations to ensure goals are being met.
• Drive decisions and implementation of various outreach strategies to recruit teachers and leaders.
• Create and maintain dashboards to measure success of outreach strategies effectively utilizing data to inform best practices and quickly pivot strategies.
• Operationalize talent team workstreams: hiring days, communications, and systems while consistently building a culture of collaboration and feedback.
• Create and determine salaries for the organization, lead
• Managed and oversaw 54 million yearly operational budget through leading quarterly resource planning with 7 teams to forecast spending and effectively distribute resources to train and recruit 2000+ teachers to the DOE successfully.
• Directed the creation of teams’ budgets to promote ownership of financial resources, which led to increased transparency and knowledge of the procurement process.
• Initiated the creation of a SharePoint site to streamline the onboarding of organizational operations for a 70-person office.
• Implemented and create operational policies creating equity and transparency for hiring and compensation.
• Responsible for developing and leading cross-team projects among senior staff, directly producing a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, and cohesion towards office initiatives.
• Supervised two consultants in managing payroll for 1000+ teacher staff and procurement of resources.
• Knowledge and familiarity with governing and relevant laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in the federal grants environment.
• Wrote bi-annual grant reports detailing budget expenses, a summary of activities, and progress to goals.
• Executed data-driven program, recruiting 65 men of color to train and qualify for teacher leadership roles increasing the pool of men of color qualified teacher leaders by 2%.
• Managed and oversaw 35 million dollar USED grant awarded to NYCDOE for human capital initiatives in the Bronx.
• Communicated with internal and external stakeholders to successfully scale grant activities from 373 schools and 235,000 students to 1600 schools and 1.1 million students.
• Team lead for Human Resources and Operations for Empower Charter School, a school within the Explore Charter School network. Oversaw all strategic decisions and implementation related to the school’s human resource and operation policies.
• Supervised one family services associate to increase school enrollment, community collaborations and managed the Associate’s professional development and project management.
• Designed the Operations team’s structure and workstreams, leading the team to focus on customer service through professional development, prompting growth and alignment for operations mission and school goals.
• Assessed data to design HR policies and procedures, increasing efficacy with staff sign-in and time-off requests.
• Input and analyzed data in the HRIS system, ensuring more data integrity and tracking; used data to evaluate HR systems’ effectiveness and implement changes as needed.
• Reviewed, authorized, and implemented payroll leading to a streamlined process with the finance team.
• Led staff morale committee to organize term-long events and incentives, creating a strong adult culture and community for 77 staff members.
• Created an online resource for all school procedures that became memorialized as an onboarding document for the role throughout the network.
• Presented sessions covering
• Hired and managed four summer operation interns to support facilities preparation for the new school year.
• Researched and implemented Department of Education policies to ensure compliance with vital operational processes: Food Operations, Health Operations, Financial Operations, Transportation and State Testing resulting in increased scores for audits and operations assessments.
• Created and managed an online database for operational functions to meet our growing staff and student body demands.
• Created monthly data reports for key stakeholders depicting KPIs: academics, culture, attendance, and budget to highlight and identify growth areas.
• Led weekly individual coaching meetings with operations team members and facilitated Operations team meetings.
• Prepared, reviewed, and submitted invoices, check/payment requisition, and travel/business expense reimbursements in financial systems working with over 200 vendors.
• Implemented efficient facilities plan that