As a women minority who studied Marketing Management and English Literature, I’ve had the opportunity to intern as a civil servant in the City Manager’s Office at the City of Fullerton in North Orange County—a fast-paced, ever-evolving office that is in constant communication with the eight different departments that help run the “Education Community.” My previous education and work experience have helped strengthen and elevate my writing, communication, and collaboration skills.
· Maintained, managed, and scheduled social media content on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and NextDoor by using marketing
management tools like Hootsuite and Meta Business Suite.
· Organized and compiled bi-weekly updates from all city departments in an internal newsletter with the help of Canva.
· Scheduled meetings on behalf of the City Manager with the help of the scheduling assistant in Outlook.
· Facilitated and executed an educational campaign that involved City land and raising public awareness on the habitat that the federally
endangered Gnatcatcher lives in.
· Welcomed and facilitated each student’s 25-minute lesson on the EF online English platform.
· Evaluated each student’s performance on the platform by writing up weekly reports on their progress that were available to the parents.
· Communicated each student’s performance to other teachers and gave additional feedback to the company about tech and classroom malfunctions.
· Assisted a group of 25-30 first-year students (freshmen) in the classroom setting by helping them adjust to their majors.
· Supported and built rapport with the students in my class by holding office hours.
· Recorded and kept a digital copy of every one-on-one meeting with the students on Excel that included basic personal information, school information (major, list of classes currently taken), etc.
· Researched engaging content targeted towards specific audiences to increase reader participation.
· Collected and compiled information on Excel to create multiple spreadsheets with updated contact information daily.
· Gathered and wrote the latest stories for the online newspaper using Microsoft Word on a weekly basis.