I bring a wide skill set that is hard to match. My career has been filled with problem solving, conflict resolution, communication, resiliency, and leadership. Alongside these soft skills I am adept at program management encompassing the day to day administrative task and customer service, to long term strategic planning, staff development, budget management, and training/curriculum design, to name a few.
Design quarterly evaluation system to assess Assistant Coordinator and Graduate Assistant performance aimed at ensuring alignment with program mission and objectives, resulting in enhanced outcomes. Strategize and manage comprehensive yearly event calendar, incorporating diverse activities, staff training, and community engagement. Lead a large team comprising of over 35 staff, one Professional Assistant Coordinator, and one Graduate Assistant, fostering collaboration, accountability, and successful program delivery. Orchestrate administrative responsibilities encompassing timecards, scheduling, finances, website upkeep, social media and marketing, onboarding, and risk management, optimizing program efficiency and impact. Develop comprehensive curriculums for university courses and staff trainings, covering technical, interpersonal, and leadership development, empowering team members with valuable skills for personal and professional growth. Collaborate with public land agencies to secure permits for new operational areas, expanding the program’s offerings and diversifying trip and outing experiences.
• Facilitated substantial growth and funding for the Outdoor Program through a visionary five-year strategic initiative, amplifying support for CMU students and program staff.
• Skillfully managed a substantial budget of over $350,000, maximizing program impact through effective allocation of student fees and rental revenues.
• Established an Outdoor Program Endowment scholarship fund, enabling trip leaders to enhance their career prospects and program reputation by attaining industry certifications.
• Orchestrated a successful inaugural Gala event, engaging 200 attendees, generating $18,000 in funding for the scholarship endowment, and solidifying community support.
Deliver comprehensive instruction for Outdoor Recreation degree program courses, encompassing Swift Water Rescue, River Rafting, Leave No Trace, River Recreation Management, and Backcountry Winter Travel. Collaborate effectively with fellow faculty members of the Outdoor Recreation Degree, ensuring seamless alignment and desired outcomes for all students pursuing the major. Provide valuable assistance to fellow Outdoor Recreation faculty in field instruction, offering enhanced safety measures and hands-on guidance for courses demanding practical expertise.
Collaborate with local businesses and non-profit organizations to provide essential swift water training to underserved communities, empowering them with crucial skills and opportunities. Lead industry-respected American Canoe Association Swift Water Rescue Level 4 courses, equipping professionals with advanced rescue capabilities and ensuring safety in challenging water environments. Engage with the BLM to secure necessary business permits for conducting Swift Water Rescue trainings on public lands, expanding accessibility and maintaining compliance with regulations.
Launched a small business promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the whitewater community, driving positive change and fostering inclusivity.
Fostered student engagement and retention across campus by actively involving campus clubs, organizations, and residence halls in Outdoor Program trips and outings, promoting holistic student experiences. Conceptualized and implemented a comprehensive program management training, ensuring adherence to quality protocols in trip leading, technical proficiency, and office responsibilities, elevating program standards. Collaborated cross-functionally with University staff to plan and actively participate in campus and community events, effectively promoting the overarching mission of Colorado Mesa University and enhancing visibility.
• Streamlined operations and achieved a remarkable 141% increase in rental income by spearheading the successful implementation of a cutting-edge desktop/online rental software and gear tracking system.
• Optimized resource allocation and financial stewardship by assisting in the meticulous management of a budget exceeding$350,000 in student fees.
• Fostered a collaborative and dynamic team environment by driving staff expansion, increasing the Program workforce by 40% with 30+ current student workers and 1 Graduate Assistant.
• Ensured seamless logistics for successful events and staff development sessions by contributing to the organization of a comprehensive event calendar for fall, spring, and summer, coordinating diverse activities.