Working the last 4 years as a front line leader at a Class 1 Railroad, I have developed and background and experience to compliment my education. I am fortunate to have working in a fast paced field with a diverse workforce. This experience has motivated me to take my talents and better the workplaces of all I can, through continuous improvement, lean practices, and good leadership.
• Scheduled all inbound and outbound power for the Chicago Service Unit Freight Rail Program.
• Oversaw facility safety through Seasonal initiatives, Stand-down, and Tracked Management teams’ compliance.
• Filled any vacant management positions (including Director and Sr. Manager) throughout Service Unit.
• Advanced Corporate KPIs in locomotive availability, and workforce efficiency
• Implemented and lead system wide changes in standard work and best practices.
an repairs on diesel locomotives and reduce dwell time in shopping.
• Manage workload and assign daily tasks to crafts people.
• Schedule travel to and from training, while managing expense reports.
• Perform risk assessments and 60 day safety conversations with crews.
• Further Lean processes through precision scheduled railroading.
• Researched, planned, and scheduled Engineering project focused on Safety and Economic savings,
including putting a caustic system online and automating the process and updating materials used
on brine lines and automating the valves to avoid unsafe conditions.
• Involved in work-plans focused on continuous improvement, conducted 5’s of Engineering office,
planned Gemba Walks, worked RASCI Items, writing one-point lessons and standard operating
• Worked in cross-functional areas such as safety and environmental, maintenance, engineering,
contractors, and operations.
• Communicate with people diverse in language ability, educational levels and experience.
• Implementing government safety and environmental regulations in line with company policies.
• Managed people, the process and the input/product aspects of a situation to implement a
• Planned & schedule and execute engineering projects, including the research and installation of the production facilities hot water heating system, new printing and labeling system for packaging lines, design and installation of 150 OSHA qualifying guards throughout facility.
• Acted as site contact and manager for contactors, and project material suppliers during project planning and install.
• Conducted safety training and rolled out updated safety programs to reduce on site injures, including weekly safety updates, site wide stretching, and a 5s of the environmental health and safety offices.
• Analyzed and inventoried Oil well sites.
• Created facility diagrams of new and well sites using PowerPoint.
• Maintained Companies vehicle fleet and insured paperwork was up to date.
• Preformed Environmental Phase I Site Assessments, later approved by a professional engineer.
• Sampled ground water, soil, and indoor air quality in residential and industrial environments.
• Managed time and worked projects independently including Well Site visits.
• Assisted engineering staff with technical support to commercial and industrial clients.
• Documented company’s expenditures and expenses reports.
Exclusive, experimental and pre-release features
For people just getting started
Everything in Free, and: