At Spotify Advertising R&D, our mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define our business.
Spotify is hiring Senior Backend Engineers to join Spotify’s Ads Business Unit. We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. You’ll help us define and materialize our monetization vision to improve the ad experience for our listeners and advertisers alike, and grow our advertising business to be market leader.
We are looking for engineers that share our common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will closely collaborate with our internal customers to figure out the best API and backend system design to meet their needs. You will build the backend systems that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices.
*Please note: this posting represents multiple Backend roles*
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of working experience as a Backend Engineer working with Java. Additional tools and technologies such as gRPC, GCP, BigQuery and Bigtable are a plus.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have written distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You have interest in big data processing technologies.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
The United States base range for this position is $156,275-$223,250, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. This range encompasses multiple levels. Leveling is determined during the interview process. Placement in a level depends on relevant work history and interview performance. These ranges may be modified in the future.