Tripadvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At Tripadvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The Tripadvisor SEO team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Sr. Strategist to own the project execution and analysis that helps drive a best-in-class search strategy across our business. This role will own analysis, execution, and search strategy to drive more traffic and increase user engagement. We take pride in our work and our collaborative, high-performing team. We love what we do, and we want you to love it as well!
As an SEO Sr. Strategist, you will be responsible for identifying opportunities, writing specs and test plans as well as post-launch analysis. Ideal candidates will have the ability to execute and drive measurable results, fluency with complex data, highly effective communication skills, and a passion for travel.
A bit about us – we strive to be
- Accountable: We deliver what we say we will, when we say we will.
- Transparent: We build trust through constructive, open, honest and direct communication.
- Growth Mindset: We unlock our full potential when we are curious and learn from our success and failure alike.
- Better Together: We strengthen our ideas when we embrace diverse perspectives.
- Adaptable: We move faster when we embrace change and consider better ways to bigger outcomes.
- Traveler Obsessed: We win when our customers do, and it shows up in everything we do.
What You’ll Do
- Collaboration: You’ll partner with other SEO team members to identify and size opportunities, define product specifications, establish milestones, and assure quality.
- Performance Minded: Support the development of quarterly and annual team plans, and oversee the tactical execution to achieve goals.
- End-to-end ownership: Within weeks, you’ll be writing specs, running tests, analyzing results, and making decisions that have real effects on revenue and profit for the company.
- Experimentation: We emphasize quantitative analysis and thorough, fast-paced experimentation and iteration. You will learn how to gather the preliminary data to build an experiment and how to subsequently analyze these results.
- SEO: You’ll learn or hone your skills in how to optimize our site to improve our reach in Google, Bing, and other search engines. You’ll track traffic patterns, research keywords users are searching for, and analyze data to determine how to make our pages rank higher.
- Travel industry: You’ll get the opportunity to learn about all aspects of the travel industry (e.g., competitor analysis, top destinations by market, etc.). You’ll then leverage your findings to optimize our site to reflect market demand.
What We’re Looking For
- Professional experience: 8+ years of SEO or search marketing experience at a consumer-facing internet company, you are considered an “expert” by your peers.
- Strong analytical & data skills: You enjoy working with data (comfortable with Excel/Google Sheets) and are eager to get better. You are well versed in SQL. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills: You’re a strong verbal and written communicator, a great partner to engineers and other teams, and able to execute projects and analysis independently.
- Curiosity: You’re a creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business, Google algorithms, and how travelers search for information.
- Creativity: You think creatively and regularly experiment with new SEO concepts.
- Adaptability: You thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully handle ambiguity.
- Striving to get better: We expect you to be smart, hard-working, detail-oriented, organized, and motivated. You should constantly be looking for ways to improve on your skills and look for ways to add value to the team.
- Academics: Degree in economics, finance, business, statistics, engineering, or math preferred.
- Remote location available for US and Canada (Eastern time zone).
The salary range for this role is $125,000 to $175,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected]