We are currently growing our design team with down-to-earth creatives willing to shape the products of tomorrow, as well as to keep growing their skills and expertise.
- 🕛 We’re looking for a full-time hire.
- 🌎 This is a fully remote position.
- 🇪🇺 Looking for people in Europe due to time-zone alignment.
- 🇬🇧 Native or Professional English is a must. All company communication is in English.
- 😮💨 Minimum 2 years of design experience, with at least 1 year in product design (it’s a bonus if you have already worked in an agency environment or remotely).
- 🔮 We’re currently a 42 people agency, interested in autonomous and proactive individuals that aren’t afraid to make mistakes, learn along the way, and grow with the agency.
- 💸 Competitive salary based on your location and experience. We did not define a specific range for the position due to hiring all over Europe.
As a Product Designer, you will blend with BB Agency’s strong design culture. As a part of our remote team, you will join talented UX Researchers and UX Designers, Brand Designers, UI Designers, and other Product Designers, who are all passionate about solving creative and functional problems for our clients.
- Design digital experiences: You will design exceptional end-to-end product features and capabilities for different product environments (websites, web, and mobile apps). You will be responsible for overseeing, leading, and creating new components and patterns that are scalable, user-accessible, and meet the needs of customers.
- Collaborate in design systems: You will work in scalable design systems that help us maintain proper file structure, naming conventions, and overall workflow within the file. You will help build comprehensive, modular, well-organized, and structured design systems, and educate both internal and client teams on its proper implementation, usage, and growth.
- Solve problems: You will own the end-to-end process for solving UX/UI design problems: ideate, conceptualize, test, and refine. You will execute all phases of product design, ensuring alignment to briefs from internal teams and external partners.
- Research and gather feedback: You will conduct competitive benchmark research and analyze how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences. You will gather feedback from lead users and stakeholders to understand their needs and pain points so that we can design and deploy experiences that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Internal processes: You will help us improve and update our internal workflows, playbooks, templates, and procedures. We’re a young and agile company that tries to maintain a flat hierarchy. We empower you to bring your ideas to the table, improve our processes and take the initiative for building the kind of agency you want to work for.
- Grow with us: As part of our strong design culture, you will engage with your team members daily, work closely with various departments (discovery, branding, development) and have their full support to grow your skills and understanding of how a well-structured and researched design can have powerful impacts on the businesses we work with.
You are an open-minded, focused, determined, good listener, and you aren’t afraid to make mistakes. You have an understanding of a standard agency workflow. Preferably you have at least 2 years of experience as a designer and have worked in an agency, tech company, or as a freelancer.
- Strong design skill: You are competent in building high-definition UI on both desktop and mobile and making your work scalable (systemic). You have an understanding and knowledge of how to construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts.
- Design Toolbox: You have mastered or have a good understanding of Notion, Figma, Sketch, and Adobe.
- Data-based: Research and data will be informing your decision-making. As a designer, your decisions will be based on the user, client, and market data we collect during the discovery process.
- Human-centric: You put effort into understanding user and client needs. You implement solutions into your designs.
- Systemic and organized: You are well organized and understand the importance of systemic design. We design solutions that can be scaled and used by the whole team (we set up systems based on components, typography, colors, grids, margins, etc.).
- Accountable: You have a strong sense of commitment, accountability, and ownership. You are independent and will solve problems by taking matters into your hands if needed. You are a doer and you understand the bigger goals of the product while staying mindful of the details needed to achieve them.
- Communication: You can easily communicate with your team members and clients and are confident about getting people buying in around your proposed solutions. You will be part of client meetings to showcase your work and progress weekly.
- Languages: You are very fluent in English and able to engage with all international team members and clients. The majority of our clients are from the United States, the United Kingdom, Denmark, France, Australia, etc.
- Bonus: You have experience building interactive prototypes or animation skills.
What to expect
We value commitment, autonomy, honesty, and willingness to learn. In the end, it’s all about building great experiences for people. We’re modest, simple, and easygoing. Our clients are not flashy — but they make the world go round. If you get excited by building tech that changes people’s lives, you’ll thrive on team BB.
- Make a difference: We’re a small company. Each position that we hire is very autonomous. That means that we’re open to adapt to specific processes and ways of thinking. We want our team to get a say in how we do things and feel a sense of ownership. You will be more than just a cog in a system. You will have the opportunity to build the system.
- Salary: We haven’t decided on the salary range due to this being a remote position. We offer a competitive salary based on your skills, expertise, and location.
- Flexibility: You’ll have the freedom to work flexible hours and maintain a healthy work-life balance. We already operate in multiple time zones and have been doing it for years. We have standard 40 hour work weeks.
- Remote work: We like to think about ourselves as remote-natives. One of the perks of our remote team is that we genuinely trust you to get your job done. You can work from anywhere you see fit. No strings attached. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection.
- Culture: If you’re looking for an agency with a daily happy hour and a ping pong table, we’re probably not the place for you. Our team shares a work ethic that is focused on quality. We hire for openness, willingness to learn, and a curious nature. If you like to work in teams that value great work over loud voices, get in touch.
- 💻 Work computer after the first 3 months.
- 🏝 20+ vacation days, national holidays, and sick leave.
- 📔 Budget for courses, books, conferences.
- ⏰ Fully remote position with flexible working hours.
If we decide to hire you, in your first week with BB expect to
- Onboard and integrate into Notion and Figma.
- Get familiar with our project portfolio and team structure.
- Learn about our culture from BB’s Handbook.
- Become familiar with our Research and Design process.
In the first month, expect to
- Participate in a production role on one of our projects.
- Gain an understanding of the complete product design process.
In the first three months, expect to
- Gain the trust of team leads and colleagues researchers and designers.
- Present your work to project stakeholders.
In the first six months, expect to
- Work on more than one project at a time.
- Share knowledge and experience with colleagues.
In the first year, expect to
- Oversee the entire lifecycle of a project, from discovery until launch.
- Become a role model and mentor for less experienced colleagues.
- Actively participate in improving the product research and design process.
- Pre-selection based on your portfolio and cover letter. We are interested in your experiences and your roles on specific projects, as well as your skills.
- If we like your application, we will invite you to a video exchange with HR.
- If we like you during the video exchange, we will invite you to do a deep dive into at least one of your projects. You will have an opportunity to present a project of your choice and show us: who you collaborated with; what tools you used, and what particular challenges you faced.
- If we see you as a fit for our current needs, we welcome you to BB Agency.
Apply now >