Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains the nation’s elite talent.
At Salesloft, our Product Managers are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Product Management team, building innovative, industry leading products and experiences for our customers.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to drive innovation through cutting edge product processes and product development technologies. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a talented Product Manager who wants to learn more, do more and become more as we create beautiful customer experiences. We take technical objectives and combine them with insight into user problems we are uniquely suited to solve. The result: well-articulated product concepts, formulated with clear goals and benefits.
But that’s just the beginning. We’re the ones responsible for bringing together engineers, designers, and departments from around the company to ensure that our product is useful, delightful, and timely. And we release quality features 5-6 times per day, so our Product Managers love the fast pace, but more importantly, they love our 3,000+ customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for managing a highly collaborative, incredibly talented product delivery team by leading feature identification, prioritizing requirements, and defining product roadmaps that drive business goals and strategies. You’ll collaborate with highly creative engineers and designers to reach the best possible version of a feature or product to bring to market. All while keeping your finger on the pulse of the market through market research and client interactions.
If you’re passionate about sales technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming Product Manager is the career path for you!
Our Salesloft’s Product Management team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming Product professionals who are all aligned on one mission: to redefine the Sales Engagement space and activate the authentic seller in all of us.
The Product Management team consists of highly motivated individuals who have a passion for building high-quality software that scales. They are deeply empathetic to serving the needs of our customers, understanding their points and relentlessly prioritizing the most important work to serve them. They are also the epitome of our core values – Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
THE SKILL SET:
- 4+ years of experience delivering SaaS products to market.
- Experience in working collaboratively to deliver compelling data-rich features
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Familiarity with data warehousing such as Snowflake or Postgres
- Understanding of Spark, Kafka or Delta Lakes are a plus
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to distill detailed requirements requests into easy-to-understand features
- Ability to develop and articulate written requirements and feature documentation
- Ability to effectively maintain a prioritized backlog
- Consistently use data to drive decisions and evaluate the success of features
- Effective communication skills that span peers, executives and customers
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A deep commitment to engaging and empowering the technologists who build our software.
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Learn Salesloft’s product development processes.
- Observe how features move through the development cycle.
- Onboard and learn our development software stack (ie: Jira, Productboard, Confluence, etc.).
- Meet with key internal stakeholders
- Learn internal product processes such as customer interviews and feedback.
- Shadow sales team members to understand how they use Salesloft and Salesloft’s processes.
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the Salesloft team, and delve into your product area
- Create your initial feature epics and stories
- Participate in your team’s agile processes
- Effectively translate requirements into user stories with acceptance criteria.
- Consult with the development team, stakeholders, internal teams, and customers to gather feedback on upcoming features.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Groom and review the backlog with the team during planning sessions. Successfully lead a development scrum team by running planning meetings, attending retrospectives and daily standups. Fully own the team backlog and identify high value features that align to the product vision. Leads requirements gathering effort on upcoming epics.
- Work closely with designers and engineering leads to scope complexity of upcoming features. Understand technical complexity when approaching epics and larger initiatives. Understand tradeoffs of time to build vs value to the customer. Able to communicate and negotiate tradeoffs with stakeholders to drive prioritization.
- Identify and scope appropriate MVP feature sets as they relate to the larger feature efforts.
- Write and communicate feature release documentation
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for Product Leadership and internal stakeholders
- Identify key success metrics for a product surface and take ownership for evangelizing the surface with all Salesloft stakeholders.
- Conduct product feedback interviews with customers to solicit and gather feedback on existing features, as well as speak to new features coming up in development.
- Become certified in presenting the Product Vision to customers. Become comfortable talking about product vision with external stakeholders.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be considered a subject matter expert in your product area, both internal stakeholders and externally with customers.
- Mentor junior members of the team, setting an example for Product Owners and motivating new team members.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise