As a product designer, you’ll be involved with the full product development process from end-to-end, from brainstorming to launch. You’ll use a balance of product, interaction, and visual design skills within the area of Discord that you will end up building.
As a product designer focused on our Premium Products, you’ll drive conceptualization and development of features aimed at improving the overall experience for our Nitro subscribers, as well as ways to encourage more membership. If you’re interested in joining a passionate team of designers that are designing features that will be used by millions of people across the world, come help us do that.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will form part of our growing and “EPAD” Organization that includes Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design functions.
- You will partner with engineers, product managers and other cross-functional peers to oversee the user experience from idea to market, specifically focused on our Premium Product efforts. This includes our Discord Nitro subscription service.
- You will present and communicate your designs to the team and the greater organization to build consensus around your concepts.
- You will create wire-frames, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection.
- You will test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside product peers.
- You will meaningfully contribute, maintain and commit to our Design System library.
What you should have:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products.
- Past experience focused on monetization features and models.
- A love of and experience in developing “zero-to-one” products and features.
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer leading large-scale, high impact projects for both desktop and mobile.
- You have meaningfully worked on, or with a design system.
- You proactively form ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to develop strategy and roadmaps.
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback and find ways to improve their work.
- You use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, applying domain expertise, establishing principles, and occasionally conducting research.
- You collaboratively guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations.
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers
- Experience building design systems
- Interface animation know-how
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $175,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $140,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks:
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees