Morning Brew is looking for a dynamic Social Media Writer to join the content team. While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
Just so we’re clear: we’re not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is a New York City-based media company that’s disrupting the traditional business news landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader through relatable and digestible content. Plus, we’ve got some other cool stuff in the works.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers and listeners.
Here’s what you will be working on:
The Social Media Writer (podcasts) will lead social media, with a focus on Instagram and Twitter, for both Business Casual and the Brew’s upcoming business talk show.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
– Turn podcast episodes into engaging social content by creating narratives and working with our producer to create video clips
– Engage with the audience on social media to drive the post-episode conversation
– Ideate and create engaging social content complementary to the episodes
– Help Business Casual guests share their interview with their networks
– Work alongside show hosts from both shows to find engagement opportunities
-Curate show-related news and content, and then create social media posts to inform, surprise, or delight our followers.
– Ideate and create additional social content that resonates with the ethos of the show
– Ensure podcast social channels are “always on”, even when it is not a release day
– Activate our community through conversation building and community participation/conversation callouts (e.g., polls, quizzes).
– Respond to members of the community as they engage with us, as appropriate.
– Participate in social media posts from other podcasts and insert our shows into the overall podcasting conversation.
– Facilitate giveaways to drive engagement with both shows.
– Voracious reader and lover of the news, with a specific understanding of business news.
– Social media expertise.
– Experience with both curating and creating multimedia content
– Ability to create content in the Morning Brew style (clever, engaging, informative, serious when needed) but with an understanding of the nuances of social media tone.
– Understanding of social media and general internet zeitgeist.
– Creative, strategic thinker.
– Fast-paced and challenging environment that’s built for a passionate, lifelong learner.
– Full-time position with competitive salary.
– Health, Vision and Dental insurance with a portion of monthly premium covered.
– 401(k) plan with employer match.
– Generous vacation and paid time off policy.
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=3635" async></script>
Position: Social Media Manager (Podcasts).