Apollo’s mission is to help every business to fulfill their full market potential by connecting companies with amazing solutions with those who need them most. We’ve built an integrated platform for predictive prospecting, sales engagement, and actionable analytics. The platform learns from your client data and uses our database of 200M contacts and 10M companies to recommend the next best action for sales and marketing individuals to take in order to close more business.
We’re a profitable and growing Series A company headquartered in San Francisco, CA with a strong worldwide remote team with over 6,000 signups per week, and over $10 million raised from investors such as Y Combinator, Nexus Venture Partners, SV Angel, and Social Capital.
As Head of Product Marketing at Apollo, you will be responsible for representing the customer’s and market’s voice in strategic product & go-to-market discussions, and ensuring that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels.
At its core, you will need a deep understanding of the customer and the market, to ensure that:
As Head of Product Marketing, you will demonstrate a market-driven spirit inspired by a deep understanding of the consumers and paired with an ability to translate this information into data-driven and compelling product solutions and proposals.
Pre-launch: you will play a key role in defining the target market and understanding the potential customer. You will analyze the customer journey to identify gaps that can be supported by improvements in enablement materials, positioning, messaging, and other trainings.
Positioning & Messaging
After customer development, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to conduct and centralize customer and market research & insights on an ongoing basis and become the go-to expert on our personas, customers, competitors, and market. As Head of Product Marketing, you will translate these insights into product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target personas and turn those learnings into something actionable.
With your positioning, you will try to answer these questions:
Who is Apollo for?
What does this product do?
Why is Apollo different than what’s out there?
Communicating Positioning & Messaging
Now that the positioning and messaging have been developed, you will make sure that everyone at the company are well aware and knows it. You will evangelize and standardize your product positioning and messaging within the whole organization. Positioning will not stand out and stick unless everyone in Apollo is on the same page, so it’s crucial for you to get buy-in and teach out they key messages across.
Creating A Launch Plan
You will own the creation of a launch plan and at the end of the day, your outcomes are measured on demand (whether it be new signups, cross-sells or feature adoption.)
Creating Launch Content
Launch content is the glue to any launch plan. You will partner intimately with almost every team at Apollo (Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Success, and Operations) on launch content, including everything from demo decks to product screenshots, sales materials, content, landing pages and website updates.
Preparing The Team
At Apollo, internal communication can be just as important as external communication for our product launch. You will have to make sure the entire team is prepared and ready to go before launch.
The launch is your defining moment. This is when everything falls into place and customers start coming in. After the launch, measuring the success of the launch plan is also as important as the launch itself – monitoring customer and internal feedback and tracking the performance of the launch based on key metrics like adoption, cross-sell, up-sell.
– Have a deep understanding of the customer and the market and have a demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products
– Voracious learner, constantly trying to learn more about our customers and how to win our market.
– Outstanding storytelling capabilities: crafting a written or visual story in a simple and straightforward manner.
– Experienced in conducting research and distilling qualitative and quantitative data into insights to drive product positioning, messaging, and GTM strategy.
– Proven ability to work well cross-functionally and with customers with a deep understanding of how our product is sold and the channels they are sold into
– Self-starter with a bias for action, who can both execute and strategize, and who is comfortable with ambiguity..
– Buyer personas that provide structure and insight for Apollo.
– Refined positioning and messaging of Apollo that attracts and converts prospects and leads and fuels all of the marketing team’s collateral and outreach
– Sales enablement materials created for all major personas, use cases, and features that help reps close more deals.
– Competitive intelligence that gives the team a deep understanding of the marketplace, and the key features and unique selling propositions of competitors
– Go-to-market strategy and launch plans that outline in detail how Apollo will be promoted and sold.
Our work environment is highly diverse with a global remote team, and we are intentional in building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from everyone. We’re building a long-term company, and we want you to be a part of it! You will have the liberty to pursue ownership and materialize your own output. At Apollo, you help create innovative solutions and grow with the organization while growing your own team and building out key roles — you get to create something of your own and have it be noticed.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, informal, fun, and remote working environment, and ensure that our team is constantly learning and following best practices as they advance in their careers. We’re a company that believes in hiring A-Players and giving them the guidance, coaching and autonomy to maximize impact and work towards their career goals.
If this type of work sounds interesting to you – please apply and we hope to talk to you soon!
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=4257" async></script>
Position: Head of Product Marketing.