As a Content Strategist for Skillshare, you will be responsible for blending insights and ideas at every stage of the content lifecycle – from talent partnerships, programming and production through to publishing and promotion. In this role on the Originals team, you’ll act as a key liaison with our Data and Platform Ops teams, leveraging and applying insights to our award-winning Originals content (Video, Live, Audio).
You’ll be the champion of our users on the Originals team, understanding their needs/interests so as to identify solutions and tactics that drive acquisition, engagement and retention through content.
You likely have a background as a content editor or producer, with extensive experience using data to make content work harder and better serve users.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth-minded creative individual eager to make a big impact on a growing team.
You’ll work cross-functionally to strategize, optimize and measure our internally-produced content.
Content Strategy & Programming:
– Maximize our content by applying insights (including our user segmentation matrix) to every stage of the content lifecycle – from talent partnerships, programming and production through to publishing and promotion.
– Act as a right-hand to the programming and partnerships leads on new content ideas and talent suggestions that will drive awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention.
– Support the business strategies around International and Enterprise expansion with programming ideas (in conjunction with the Head of Originals and programming lead).Use insights (proprietary, external) to scope out new creative offerings and formats that serve the needs of our users.
– Leverage insights to improve content merchandising and positioning for each piece of Video, Live and Audio content.
AB test class titles and thumbnails.
– Edit class descriptions using SEO best practices. Conduct content audits – at both the class-level and on class creative attributes like intros, titles and tone – and identify optimization recommendations.
– Serve as a liaison between the Originals team and the Marketing team on class promotion strategies, ensuring the right content/messaging is put in front of the right users.
Data & Insights:
– Translate the Originals team’s data and insights needs into briefs for our Data, Platform Ops and Marketing teams (for sourcing both proprietary and external insights).
– Serve as a content stakeholder on large-scale research and insights projects.
– Deliver weekly insight and recommendation reports to the Originals team, with an emphasis on class-level reporting.
Testing & Measurement:
– Ideate and measure content experiments that drive awareness, acquisition, engagement and retention – e.g. content series ideas, integrated programming ideas across Originals and Community – working closely with the Community, Product, Data and Marketing teams.
– Design tests to assess demand for new topic areas or tactics via the Marketing team (Blog, YouTube, Social).
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are a series-D company backed by OMERS, Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC, Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
ATTN. Be careful! You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. The employer won't know who reported this job.
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=4434" async></script>
Position: Content Strategist.