Hey there! We’re Morning Brew—a bunch of smart, dedicated people focused on disrupting and redefining the traditional business news landscape. Also, we’re nice and have great swag. We are looking for a marketing editor to join our team.
Morning Brew’s HQ is in New York City, but this role can be remote if needed.
It’s our goal to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader. How? By giving our audience the news they need in a way they actually enjoy. Across newsletters, podcasts, social, and (soon) even more, we’re building something special. Want in? Read on.
Oh yeah, just so we’re clear… We’re not a coffee company.
Marketing Brew keeps over 100,000 marketing professionals up to date on the latest marketing news and insight. It’s also our newest and fastest-growing vertical.
We’re looking for a marketing editor to lead the Marketing Brew vertical as we look to build on the success of the newsletter and also expand into new editorial formats. This is both a strategic and hands-on role that will allow you to shape the future of an exciting new marketing publication.
Here’s what you will be working on:
– Manage day-to-day operations of the Marketing Brew newsletter production process, including assigning/approving stories, editing pieces, and writing headlines.
– Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects.
– Serve as a strategic liaison with growth, engagement, integrated marketing, and sales teams.
– Write stories if and as needed.
– Enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines, editing content for high-level substance, Brew tone and voice, and standard copy.
– Support optimization of existing content processes and establish new ones where needed.
– Support analysis of audience trends.
– Manage, coach, and develop marketing writers.
What makes you qualified?
– Deep knowledge of and interest in the marketing/advertising industry.
– At least 4 years of professional experience editing content for a marketing/advertising audience OR 5+ years of experience editing content for a B2B audience.
– Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
– Flexible worker who is equally motivated by strategic, long-term thinking and hands-on execution.
– Ability to intentionally experiment with, iterate on, and make hard decisions about new product offerings.
– Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
– Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
– Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
– Experience managing a team of writers.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we thought we’d sweeten the pot even more with some perks:
Annual Learning Credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
Unlimited Sick and Vacation Time: And trust us, unlimited means UNLIMITED.
Remote Work Optional: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon, you decide.
401(k) Employer Match: Helping you be ready for the future in the present.
Premium Healthcare Partially Covered by Employer: Trying to make getting sick less awful.
Work From Home Stipends: Upgrade your home office on us!
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
The employer won't know who reported this job. Contact your local law enforcement for immediate help if someone is in danger or the victim of a scam.
All Job Ads are subject to Jobicy's Job Posting Policies. We allow users to flag postings that may be in violation of those terms. Job Ads may also be flagged by Jobicy. However, no moderation system is perfect, and flagging a posting does not ensure that it will be removed.
Job Widget Code
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.