Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 76 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. More than 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. Thousands of companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Corporate Strategy team works with business and functional leaders, including our CEO and executive staff, to identify, evaluate, and deliver strategic initiatives for the company. You will drive high priority cross-functional projects across a number of areas, including product strategy, new business and market opportunities, operational improvements, and M&A. Additionally, you will understand market and competitive dynamics to develop insights that help Coursera refine and deliver on our long-term strategic vision.
We are seeking a highly analytical and driven Corporate Strategy & Development Manager. In this role, you will leverage your analytical mindset to develop, advise on, and implement strategic initiatives. You will have the opportunity to lead cross-functional workstreams, interact regularly with senior management, and become a thought leader within Coursera.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Deliver strategic projects for our leadership team that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify opportunities and improvement areas
- Manage cross-functional projects from end to end; structure complex problems, perform strategic analysis, communicate recommendations, and drive outcomes with business and functional stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze technology trends to develop recommendations for solving long-term product challenges
- Execute corporate development activities including commercial due diligence, negotiations, stakeholder management, and integration efforts
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, and/or internal Corporate Strategy at an enterprise software, SaaS, or consumer internet company
- Deeply analytical, structured thinking, and strong presentation skills
- Good executive presence and able to interface directly with senior leadership
- Ability to take initiative and have a strong sense of ownership over shaping and executing upon our strategy and operations
- Ability to quickly iterate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and enjoyment in balancing multiple priorities, providing cross functional leadership and managing varied demands
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel modeling, and data analytics; SQL experience a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Strategic Management and Innovation Specialization
- Business and Financial Modeling Specialization