MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we’re on a mission to give every teen the chance to reach their potential. We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can’t.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful ways to improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, and our tutors have given half a million lessons so far – raising results on average by one whole grade. We’re proud of the fact that over 550 schools have also chosen to work with us. And that we’ve earned a Trustpilot rating of 4.8/5.
We understand the hectic lives of families with teenagers, and our flexible lesson times mean parents can juggle schedules more easily. It’s simple to find a tutor each child gets on with – and every lesson is tailored to their needs. With all the disruption to school education that covid-19 has brought, online tuition gives families and schools a safe and reliable way to keep their kids’ education on track – no matter where they live or what they need help with.
You’ll be one of the first members of our new Customer Success function, a team which will play a pivotal and proactive role in ensuring customers have a great experience at MyTutor whether they are brand new to the service or have been with us for several years. You will work closely with our existing Sales and Consumer Operations teams to match prospective customers with the right tutor for their needs, and help these parents get lessons underway for their child. You’ll be working predominantly on the phone, but also via email and live chat, to build strong relationships with the parents that use our platform and help ensure we retain them.
MyTutor is currently undergoing an exciting period of growth, which means you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment to implement new initiatives while maintaining the high standard of customer service we pride ourselves on.
The role in a nutshell:
- Reporting into the Customer Success Manager, you’ll be reaching out to customers during their onboarding with MyTutor to help them book in lessons with Tutors and have the best possible initial experience with MyTutor.
- Understand the anxieties our customers might have around committing to our service and use your knowledge of our fantastic catalogue of Tutors and online Lesson Space to inform and reassure them.
- Using our internal admin system, and G-Suite products, log the results of your calls so we can monitor conversions and common objections.
- Ensure parents are paired with the right tutors for their child’s needs, and help schedule lessons to fit their busy schedules.
- Collaborate closely with our Sales and Consumer Operations teams to provide all our customers with fantastic service throughout their journey with us.
- Leverage your interactions with customers to identify trends in consumer behaviour, highlight parent sentiment, challenges, and opportunities to improve the MyTutor service, product, and marketing.
The type of person we’d love to meet:
- You have experience in B2C Customer Service/Support, Sales, or other similar functions.
- You’re a confident, friendly communicator who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone and share your enthusiasm for what we do.
- You’re comfortable using Google Suite, MS Office, and internal admin systems to manage customer profiles and information.
- You’re passionate about the customer – they’re at the heart of everything you do and you are always thinking about how to improve their experience.
- You’re a good listener, able to empathise with parents at a high-anxiety stage in their child’s education and ensure the best possible outcome for them.
- You’ll be a fast learner, able to grasp concepts or problems quickly and ask the right questions.
- You’re excited to join our ever-growing team and contribute to the culture at MyTutor.
- You don’t need experience in an education setting, but an interest in this area and a passion for ensuring parents and students get the best possible experience and learning outcomes from their time with us is key.
- Helping to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people
- A work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support
- Training and investment in your learning with a personal L&D budget
- Your own laptop and hardware
- Competitive salary
- Workplace pension
- Share option package
- Opportunity to work autonomously and make use of your creative flair
- Regular team events & socials
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Private Healthcare option through BUPA
MyTutor is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and has set up our own EDI (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) committee who host regular events to make sure we live up to those values. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered.