The Action Network is an exciting sports media start-up that builds products and creates content to inform and entertain the sports bettor. The sports betting and fantasy sports space is massive ($170bn in the US), growing and underserved from a product and content perspective, and we have the talent, domain expertise and passion to win the space.
We are looking for a creative, motivated, passionate individual to join our Content Team as an Associate Editor. This person will work with all of our writers and editors to drive ideas for our daily written content across both betting and daily fantasy sports.
- Assign stories to writers and edit copy
- Write headlines and SEO copy
- Occasionally write, produce and edit our daily email newsletter
- Occasionally contribute to social media posts
- At least two years of journalism experience as an editor and/or reporter
- A passion for sports and an understanding of sports betting and daily fantasy
- The ability to edit clean copy, write strong headlines, and meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- The ability to think critically and creatively about the type of premium content and tools that are of interest to invested sports fans
- The availability to work some nights and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- Experience editing and/or writing premium content
- Experience producing email newsletters and writing social teases
Benefits: The company offers a competitive health insurance package with great benefits, including unlimited vacation and a competitive 401k Plan. The benefits plan presently includes Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Supplemental life insurance and Long / Short-term disability coverage.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the community.