Envato is searching for a Business Systems Analyst to join our System & Projects Team in a permanent, full-time role.
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is an “all-rounder”, focused on both business and technical concerns. You’ll ensure we are focused on the right problems, and champion a fit-for-purpose approach to solutions.
As a BSA you’ll work closely with the Engineering Team and stakeholders from across the business to gather requirements, research problems, plan solutions, and make recommendations to meet the needs of our business users, customers, and authors. You may be embedded in a delivery team, managing the roadmap and backlog of work for that team AND/OR work as a Program Partner, providing BSA services to key strategic projects and initiatives across Envato.
What you’ll be doing
- Acquire deep domain knowledge and an understanding of the company’s various business models and form strong partnerships with stakeholders (from Developers to Executives) across the company.
- Evaluate requirements and solutions on the basis of cost/benefit, and explore and negotiate alternatives with stakeholders and the delivery team when required.
Independently facilitate workshops for your stakeholders or team.
- Drive vendor selection processes (building requirements, sourcing vendors, facilitating vendor demonstrations and scorecard evaluations).
- Use appropriate communication techniques and provide “just enough” documentation to ensure clarity of requirements, proposals, processes, system behaviour etc. by users across the business.
- Present solution proposals and alternatives in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders at all levels.
- Work within and across teams to drive outcomes and implement solutions across all stages: analysis, design, implementation, delivery and support.
- Contribute to the development and execution of appropriate testing plans to ensure smooth delivery of quality solutions.
- Collaborate with delivery teams and stakeholders to help define and maintain the long-term delivery team roadmap.
- Highly technical, comfortable discussing detailed technical aspects of system design and implementation whilst remaining business driven.
- Ideally 5+ years of systems analysis, technical analysis or business analysis experience.
- Very familiar with Agile practices, comfortable in a joint leadership role in a cross-functional delivery team.
- Skilled at building empathy between technology and business stakeholders.
- Has an expansive toolkit of communication techniques to enable shared, deep understanding of business and technical concepts by diverse stakeholders with varying backgrounds and needs.
- Strong business orientation, enabling you to make solid 80:20 trade-offs and fast decisions when prioritising.
- Has played a key role in delivering large, complex software systems.
- Past experience as a software developer and/or degree qualified in computer science, software engineering, information systems or equivalent is highly regarded
To be considered as a candidate, applicants must demonstrate experience that matches the job requirements in a detailed cover letter and CV.
Envato was founded by designers, for designers
Envato’s story began in 2006 with the launch of its first marketplace, FlashDen. Our founders were on a mission to find a better way for web designers to be paid fairly for their templates. This core idea was expanded into similar marketplaces for graphics, audio, video, web themes and plugins, and reinforced with a huge network of educational content, creative tools and complimentary services.
Today, we’re home to over 600 staff in many locations. Over 700k customers purchase content with Envato every month, and the creative community has earned over $1billion USD through our platforms. We’re certified as a BCorp and consistently rank highly in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey.
We’re here without a single dollar of investment or debt, because we’ve been profitable every single year.
What we offer
- Purpose and Profit — Envato is a purpose-driven, BCorp certified business. We strive to have a positive impact on the lives of all of our stakeholders, from content creators and customers to our staff and the broader community.
- Global Impact — Envato helps anyone unlock their creative potential. Millions of people around the world use Envato’s products to bring their ideas to life and earn a living using their creative skills.
- Diverse and Inclusive — Envato consistently ranks high in Australia’s Great Place to Work survey. We’re committed to ensuring all our staff feel welcome, included and respected every day they work for Envato, through a caring, engaged and flexible work environment.
- Personal Growth — At Envato, personal development and career progression can take many forms. Envatians are supported to shape their careers through our Apprentice Developer program, secondment opportunities, investment into development programs, or formal mentoring and more.
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we’d like to hear from you. We are considering applicants to either work remotely from anywhere Australia & New Zealand, or eventually join us in our Melbourne HQ.