TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is looking for a Head of Members to lead and scale our consumer businesses. As a core member of TeamSnap’s executive team, this leader will be directly responsible for ~40% of TeamSnap’s revenue and TeamSnap’s monetizable audience (mobile and web). They will need to establish a multi-year strategy, while managing the business on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to deliver financial results. To support their efforts, they will directly manage a full-stack marketing team and have dotted line team members in product, data, and engineering.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Setting strategy & vision: You will own the strategy and vision for TeamSnap’s consumer businesses – from deciding whether to invest in global expansion to designing the 5G mobile experience. You’ll be taking over a successful consumer business 10 years in the making, but where we go from here is up to you.
- Deploying full-stack marketing: Market research, traditional paid media, pricing, growth-oriented product development, and brand-building are just a few of the marketing tools you will manage to drive efficient growth in the consumer business.
- Applying financial & analytical acumen: The Head of Members won’t just deliver the plan, they’ll build and own it. A successful Head of Members will apply analytical rigor on a daily basis to set targets, prioritize activities, assess results, and track progress. Whether in all-company updates or quarterly board meetings, they will be responsible for presenting their results and explaining the drivers of their business.
- Building a high-performance team: The Head of Members is more than just a decision-maker, they are a leader. They are responsible for hiring top talent, getting the most out of their team, and inspiring their team and the company at-large.
- Collaborating cross-functionally: The Head of Members will need to partner closely with teams such as product, engineering, and analytics to align on a common vision, allocate resources, and at times, make hard trade-offs. Building high-trust relationships and collaborating effectively will be critical for success.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience driving impressive P&L impact while in a senior leadership role — ideally at a tech-enabled B2C business.
- A track record of building high-performance teams, including hiring senior talent and developing exceptional team members within.
- 10+ years of full-stack marketing experience, with particular depth in quantitative marketing fields such as growth marketing, user engagement, and paid acquisition.
- Experience building business strategies and financial plans, and successfully executing against them.
- At least some experience collaborating on a product roadmap.
- A passion for customers and a large toolkit for getting to know them — focus groups, surveys, 1on1 interviews, etc. Bonus points if you are a long-time TeamSnap user.
- A passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Experience and comfort working in a distributed environment, (even better, with a fully distributed development team).
- Commitment to being a team player, with a history of putting the company before team and the team before self.
- A pet moose. Elk are also acceptable in a pinch.
- A reputation as a collaborative, transparent, and humble business leader, one who builds trust by assuming positive intent, and one who is unafraid to have challenging conversations.
- Flexibility teamwork, a sense of humor (see moose joke, above) and the willingness to do what’s necessary to help a company grow quickly.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first.
- We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!