TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to empowering play in youth sports. We value trust, communication, and fun more than big company policies. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos which lands us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” on the regular.
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced QA Tester who anticipates, seeks, and discovers problems. If you’re the kind of person who re-reads sent emails looking for typos, discovers continuity errors in movies and has no qualms about repeatedly experimenting with a 50-ingredient chili recipe, this job may be for you.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a QA Tester, you will work closely with our product teams throughout the feature development cycle. Using your critical thinking skills and clear communication, your ultimate goal will be to prevent bugs and usability issues from being introduced in production to our customers. Often you will be in uncharted waters creating test coverage outlines, bug reports, and supporting feature documentation. You must have painstaking attention to detail, patience for repetitive work, and a sleuth-like capacity for uncovering non-obvious problems.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 4+ years of relevant QA experience as the lead QA tester on a project team developing customer-facing SaaS web and Android/iOS native products.
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply this knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on experience with both feature testing and regression testing.
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and know where to focus.
- Ability to think from a user’s perspective with a no-compromise attitude towards quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Keen organizational skills with overt attention to detail.
- A relentless desire to investigate and explore all the nooks and crannies.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed product development team.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and the willingness to jump in without being asked.
- Experience with Jira or similar.
- Experience with Ghost Inspector or test automation tools.
- Experience building and executing load and performance testing.
- Ability to read through and QA all of these bullet points.
- Passionate about sports. Being a parent, coach or participant in recreational sports is even better.
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about).
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style.
Benefits and Perks
TeamSnap provides you with a phenomenal culture, opportunities to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. Benefits include:
- We’re not just remote, we’re known for being remote-first.
- We’ve been working remotely since before COVID made it cool
- Competitive salary and equity where everyone’s an owner
- Unlimited PTO and paid parental leave for ALL parents (not just primary or secondary)
- 100% premium coverage of medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- $1,500 learning and development stipend
- 401K and more!