As Senior Product Counsel, you’ll get to work with a variety of teams including the product and engineering teams that are focused on internalization, video, and new products. You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law at a rapid pace and function independently in a demanding environment. You will use your drive and experience to make a big impact on Reddit’s business. If you’re passionate about the law and business and love a challenging, team-focused, fast-moving environment, then this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, and business development throughout the product development cycle (from the initial stages of product development, through launch, to market strategy) on a broad range of best practices and compliance issues regarding reddit.com and its apps.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to platforms and have the ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Manage internal projects, training, processes, and drive cross-functional efforts to successful completion.
What We Can Expect From You:
- 6+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar
- Proficiency in at least two of the following areas: content regulation, intellectual property, or financial regulatory frameworks
- Experience with financial technology and payments, video technology, gaming, and privacy preferred
- Strong legal research skills and comfort tackling new and developing areas of law in the US and internationally
- Comfortable handling chaos and ability to thrive in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology, law, and business
- Eagerness and drive to continue learning
- Sense of humor