COVID Update – We are actively hiring for this position and are operating as a fully distributed organization across the United States. We anticipate a future where some Eveners will be in an office again, but many will continue to be remote for their entire tenure. We are building an organization that puts the health and wellbeing of our employees (and their families) first.
Americans lose as much as 20% of their income and collectively spend $100 billion every year on things like payday loans, overdraft fees, and late fees. That’s expensive and stressful. We think it’s unnecessary.
You want to fix that, by telling our story in the most effective and creative way possible. You are a creative problem solver who is passionate about telling stories through design and communication. Day to day, you’ll be creating outward-facing designs that help us accomplish critical business objectives. You will work across mediums, shaping Even’s brand into materials that could span from corporate communications to a small publication to a website to a podcast identity.
What you’ll do:
- Foundational work to define how Even’s brand extends past its product
- Conceptualize, design, and ship brand and communication materials in a variety of formats
- Play a key role in multiple high-priority company efforts, including marketing and sales, member education and growth, consumer marketing, PR, and recruiting
- Work with other designers to create a cohesive, high-quality brand experience
- Create systems to help the rest of the company put their best foot forward when communicating
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience creating compelling, thoughtful design work
- Very high quality standards
- Excellent conceptual thinking
- Obsession with craft and execution
- Passion for giving and receiving thoughtful critique
- Excitement about identifying and experimenting with new mediums
- The ability to learn new things quickly
- The initiative to push products forward
What you’ll get from us:
- The chance to work on a serious problem that affects more than half the U.S. population
- A culture that gives you the time and space required to build great things
- A founding team led by designers who put design first
- A remarkably talented and supportive team of peers to help you grow as a designer
- Competitive compensation, equity, and healthcare packages.
- 401(k) with 50% match from Even on up to 6% of your salary.
- A $5,000 annual educational stipend to invest in your learning and development.
- A $500 annual stipend to use towards personal financial advice.
- A $100 monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- A $50 weekly stipend for meals and groceries while our office remains closed due to COVID.
- A 5-year exercise window on stock options after 2 years at Even.
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that understands building a company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave for birthing parents and 12 for nonbirthing.
- A culture that gives you the autonomy you need to do great work, and the transparency you need to make good decisions.
Want to learn more about what we look for in a team mate? Check out this blog post written by our cofounder, Quinten Farmer.
Even is used by people of all backgrounds and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their customers. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Even.