PolyScale is changing how databases are distributed and scaled. Our mission is to make data-driven apps faster by simplifying global caching for developers. If you are passionate about developer experiences, data performance and are a curious problem solver, join us.
We’re a small (<10), Series Seed funded and fully-remote team that’s engineering heavy. We fully embody principles of servant leadership.
You will be joining a pre-launch startup and be part of the founding engineering team. We are offering founding team equity for this role. As an early engineer, you will be a critical part of our company’s product direction and have an opportunity to make key technical decisions which help define the future of the PolyScale platform, shaping how we build and scale.
What you will be doing:
- Own all web based properties of the PolyScale PaaS. Our platform is built for developers and we strive for excellence in every part of the customer journey and experience.
- Build highly responsive web-based systems using React, extending into usage with popular frameworks such as Gatsby.js, Next.js etc, and backend code in TypeScript for applications that make up significant components of the PolyScale PaaS offering. These include the data intensive PolyScale UI, developer API’s, PolyScale.io website and documentation sites.
- Embracing an engineering artisan culture, and take pride to deliver well-designed APIs and frictionless user interfaces
- Always be focusing on performance and latency. You are data driven, know how to test and measure and you know that DOM manipulation and bytes on the wire matter.
- Learning and contributing to the broader product and architecture. PolyScale is a real-time data distribution platform at global scale that encompasses components written in C++ and Python, as well as TypeScript. We design smart cache algorithms as well as ML/AI to make developers’ lives easier.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in-depth practical experience
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- Experience with writing tests, TDD etc.
- Experience with source control and Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Proficiency with Docker
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.
- Experience with gRPC
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the business
- Benefits package
- Flexible PTO
- Remote working (AMER timezone)
- Early-stage company – true ownership over your work
- A great work-life balance