Yelp is seeking a highly experienced Senior Marketing Manager to take our consumer paid acquisition initiatives to the next level. If you live in that rare sector of the Venn diagram, where creative meets analytical, organized meets agile, empathy meets optimization, and strategic meets technical, then read on! If you have managed considerable yearly budgets, executed worldwide and local campaigns, and automated processes that are high scale yet deeply granular, robust and yet flexible, efficient and authentic, we want to hear from you. If you are equally respected as a B2C expert and a collaborative cross-functional partner, and if you’re seeking to make an immediate impact at a company that’s neither too big nor too small, with strong momentum and tremendous upside, then this could be the role for you!
Tens of millions of people all across North America rely on Yelp to find small businesses to meet their every need. From ordering pizza to hiring a plumber, or getting a pet groomed, Yelp is one of the largest and most trusted communities of consumers and business owners in the world. But we’re not done yet. Consumer needs and competitors are constantly changing. We have work to do to establish Yelp just as strongly as the place to hire service professionals as it is to read restaurant reviews. We have more content and product features to offer, designed to address the needs of every consumer persona, at just the right point in their lifecycle. We have more marketing channels to communicate through, enabled by more powerful tech, informed by richer data, and a growing team to execute against ever-bolder strategies.
Consumers and business owners have never needed our help more than now. COVID-19 has forced millions to adapt to working from home, to order more food and services to their door, and to pay more attention to cost, quality, and safety, making Yelp’s comprehensive business listings and trusted content more important than ever. As restaurants adapted to delivery and outdoor dining, yoga studios and tutors have started to offer virtual classes, while bike stores and mobile pet groomers are busier than ever. With more of us working from home, movers, contractors, and gardeners are seeing record demand.
Yelp has launched new product features and services to help people find and engage with businesses they can trust. This gives the Marketing team a greater opportunity to connect each consumer to the right business, at the right time, through the right channel.
About the Role:
As Yelp’s Senior Marketing Manager, you will build and manage a talented team and be accountable for planning and executing marketing strategies across the major Display, Social and Search paid networks in the industry. You will partner with product marketing, lifecycle, brand creative, social media and PR teams for truly integrated campaigns. You and your team of energetic marketing managers will design and execute campaigns that raise awareness and consideration, and turn that into traffic and transactions, to new and existing customers on Yelp’s websites and Apps
This is a full-time remote position based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will be a key contributor to the growth of Yelp Consumer program from a Performance Marketing standpoint while collaborating in cross-functional initiatives
- You will develop Acquisition Strategy aimed at driving incremental growth and efficiencies across our portfolio
- You will partner with Product, Martech, Product Marketing and Brand in-house teams to develop creative asset variations for testing and strategize with in-house engineers on automation initiatives
- You will monitor and report on day-to-day performance across multiple partners
- You will do Ad-hoc analyses to diagnose and troubleshoot performance
- You will design and execute experiments to improve campaign performance
- You will manage partnerships with various partners and provide recommendations on testing new partnerships
- You will uncover growth opportunities, as well as conduct research into new initiatives
What it Takes to Succeed:
- 5 – 8 years in a performance marketing role, managing Paid Media with strong focus on Social and Display on web and mobile platforms.
- Comfortable in optimizing +20MM annualized budgets while optimizing towards ROI
- Demonstrated ability to grow Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tiktok and DSP as sources for traffic.
- Familiarity with ASO techniques on Google Play and AppStore
- Intermediate to advanced SQL (must be able to write your own queries) and data analytics skill set
- Deep understanding of web and app attribution with an elevated understanding of iOS 14
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks through impact sizing
- Proven experience in leading complex technical projects with cross functional Data and Product teams
- Deep experimentation experience and mindset with a proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across various departments
- Thrives in fast-paced environments and can adapt quickly to shifting priorities
- Experience managing 1-2 reports a plus
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).