The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We would like software engineers with iOS expertise to join our team building future products for Spotify. We are a London centred engineering organisation that is building new audio experiences that will define Spotify’s future products.
We are a group that is rapidly exploring new ideas, choosing which to scale, and which make it no further than prototypes. You will work in cross functional teams built for mobile, with engineers crafting iOS, Android and Backend systems that define the product. We are looking for your iOS expertise, and an interest in learning new areas will be an asset.
Our mission is to expand the future of Spotify by testing and scaling audio experiences that are richer and more personal, to make customers feel more connected to the world around them.
What you’ll do:
- Develop groundbreaking mobile products at scale
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, researchers, product owners and data scientists to find end-to-end solutions to problems your squad owns.
- Write clear, maintainable code that implements these solutions. You’ll work within the Spotify app and others.
- Collaborate with others across the company to develop our mobile best practices and iOS development at Spotify.
- Work from a location that could be our London office, or remotely within the adjacent time zones. You’ll travel occasionally, across the globe.
Who you are:
- You have a proven understanding of modern iOS development.
- You know how to write readable, testable, maintainable, performant Swift and Objective-C.
- You will know how to apply modern testing and quality practices, so that we can deploy your code safely at scale.
- You are interested in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise
- You are experienced with iOS development tools.
- Open source experience is a huge plus!
- You are eager to learn new technologies (we will support you with training & mentoring)
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Greenwich Mean Time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.