Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
Degreed is growing quickly with 500+ employees, an award-winning product, and one of the most innovative brands in skills & learning. Our event team is a big reason why. We do online and in person events around the world. We’re edgy, we move fast, we hold extremely high standards, and we’re a little cheeky.
Right now, we need someone to help us drive attendance to our world-class events through enticing copy and tight editing.
The ideal candidate has an exhaustive attention to detail, thrives in creativity, has top-notch attention to detail and loves grammar. We will prioritize those who are good teammates, friendly, defenders of the oxford comma, and/or those who can make us laugh. If you are ready to help us scale out messaging for events, let us know!
You will work closely with the Field Marketing and Communications teams to align the content and tone so it is consistent across events and gets people to attend.
- Serve as the primary writer for events, webinars, conferences, emails, newsletters, event websites, event social, direct mail marketing and more
- Maintain the Degreed voice across multiple target audiences and collaborate with team members to develop content
- Establish content standards, style guidelines, and documentation to share across teams and ensure consistency
- Writing anything from event description copy to pre-event emails, internal messaging, newsletters, and everything in-between.
- Use digital research tools to identify search trends and create content that optimizes organic search results
- Conducting keyword research using SEO best practices and monitor basic content metrics
- Leverage data to A/B test and optimize on feedback to develop a stronger strategy
- Ensure copy is delivered on time and in line with project expectations
- Proofread content for brand inconsistencies to ensure the right message is getting across
- Be able to present and guide projects from start to execution
- Truly understand the Degreed brand and purpose of events and embody through writing
- 3-5+ years of experience with proven content writing or copywriting examples
- A portfolio or writing examples
- A history in supporting events and promotional copywriting
- Over-the-top attention to detail and editing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in coordination with cross-departments
- A baseline knowledge of SEO experience and best practices
- Familiar with Google Workplace, Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Asana, Slack, Zoom
- Basic proficiency pulling content metrics from data-driven platforms, preferably Google Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.
- Driven with enthusiasm for experimentation and continuous improvement, excited to try new things, measure impact and learn
- Able to effectively work remote, and balance working with teams in global time zones.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.