Our mission as a company is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional passive income from their everyday habits. We have millions of monthly users and have achieved over 2,500% revenue growth in 2020. Our users earn millions of dollars a year in rewards by using our products.
Current Mobile Inc is a US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their device. Our passionate team of innovation leaders relentlessly convert user attention and data into rewards.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every budget-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines.
- You have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a team of high caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers, advisors, and several top-tier institutional investors.
- Our leadership team has worked together on various projects over the last seven years which has greatly impacted their ability to evolve from past challenges and build efficient and effective processes.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
Vice President of Marketing Role and Responsibilities
To further our mission, we are looking for a leader to not only shape, but substantively grow the marketing function of Current Mobile as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our go-to-market strategy? How should we further turbo-charge and optimize our user acquisition? How will we continue to drive a unique and cohesive brand as we scale to more products and geographies? How should we further optimize data-driven decisions for all marketing models? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well funded, rapidly growing company in a high-profile role that will have a direct impact on immediate as well as long-term growth and decision making at Current. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across all departments and product lines to build branding, user acquisition and monetization strategies to ensure key marketing considerations are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely monitored.
We’d Love To Talk With You If…
- You have a minimum 5 years leadership experience in a senior marketing role in fast-paced consumer focused AdTech, mobile gaming, DTC, or FinTech companies.
- You love and understand the AdTech, DTC, affiliate, blockchain, and mobile gaming industry.
- You are not new to earned, paid, and owned channels. Previously, you created and optimized such processes quickly and systematically for an annual marketing budget of over $50M. We are highly focused on performance based marketing channels.
- You have deep insights in product marketing and have developed positioning, messaging and competitive differentiation of a successful consumer tech product.
- You have a very strong analytical, mathematical mindset. You know how to build logical interconnections using numbers and communicate using numbers within the company.
- You have a strong understanding of tech platform valuation metrics such as LTV, CAC, ARPU, retention, virality, etc. and have experience in driving marketing-led growth using these metrics.
- You are an expert in channel strategy and have led the UA teams to execute across all user acquisition channels, including re-engagement/retargeting.
- You are an expert at portfolio level and are able to diversify the buying mix through different channels. You know how to unlock growth through new opportunities, such as emerging channels (TikTok, Reddit, Snapchat, Content Marketing, and Influencers). You have good negotiation skills and are able to build a strong partnership with major players in the market.
- You have a strong knowledge about programmatic media planning, effective brand marketing channels, partner co-marketing and acquisition/growth marketing. Product placement & celebrity endorsement campaign experience is a plus.
- You have experience in modeling and delivering monetization strategies for consumer adtech, mobile gaming, direct to consumer, or fintech businesses.
- You have extensive experience in developing and managing communications, media relations and brand strategy.
- You have experience in internationalization of consumer tech products, with a good understanding of what makes international releases successful.
You’ll be working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the CEO, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading and managing the global remote marketing team to achieve the business goals (growth, margins and branding), with an annual budget of $50-100M within the next 12-18 months.
- Designing the marketing department’s monthly budget.
- Managing and growing the user acquisition team (Director of UA + 4 marketing managers + 4 growth analysts), product marketing team (3 product marketing managers), and brand/creative and PR team.
- Cooperating with other functional teams and allocating resources to define the overall marketing growth strategy for our products in the US and international markets.
- Planning and leading creative marketing campaigns and activations to increase brand awareness as well as acquire new users.
- Setting the style and tone for our customer experience and maintaining brand integrity and alignment across the company. Overseeing creative and asset development to ensure brand consistency across all channels and tactics.
- Managing communication and brand strategy via push notifications, in-app messaging, web, social, and email newsletters.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of media campaigns to better optimize spend and performance, draw insights & make data-driven decisions that drive the marketing team’s goals.
- Partnering with the company’s leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives around growth and monetization strategy.
- Providing strategic guidance on long term product, go-to-market, and organizational strategy and investment decisions.