Busy people crave anything that makes things easier, that moves work from the foreground to the background, that can operate without our attention so we can focus on more important things. At Upside, we serve business travelers who are the busiest of the busy and the most stressed out of the stressed. They are counted on to deliver results that grow their companies and their careers – new clients, new vendors, new relationships, new opportunities. And, everytime they travel for work they sacrifice precious personal and family time. That’s why we never forget our customers are real people with families and feelings and things to get done.
We love to solve problems, and we have an upbeat view of the future. We are a diverse team of fiercely intelligent people who are great at what they do and great at doing it with others. Our goal is to transform the experience of buying travel and what it’s like to be on a business trip for travelers, travel managers, and companies. If you love building and selling things that give users the gift of more time to spend on what’s important to them, then Upside is the place for you.
- You have 5-8 years of professional graphic design or equivalent practical experience and are comfortable working in a fast paced, autonomous environment
- You have a proven track record of delivering design solutions for print and digital materials and collateral
- You have knowledge of the latest Web and graphics design trends and tools (i.e. Adobe, Figma etc)
- Your portfolio is strong and demonstrates your experience
- You are skillful in designing emails
- You have mastered design software such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have knowledge of video creation and video editing
- You have the ability to create illustrations and work with an illustration library
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment with limited supervision
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- You possess strong organizational skills
ABOUT THE GIG
- Assist in the day-to-day production of marketing and promotional materials for Upside
- Design on-site promotions for Upside brands and products (events and collateral, etc.), including banner ads and landing pages
- Assist in the production of email promotions
- Design and produce event materials, both digital and print, including signage, brochures, and web pages
- Work within company branding guidelines
- Create and update landing pages for marketing promotions
- Design illustrations, charts, infographics for promotions
- Create and update marketing reports
We are positive, passionate, playful, and always pushing to be better. Our team is a hodgepodge of challenge seekers, travel gurus, startup junkies, and data-miners who see the big picture.
YOU WANT TO TALK TO US IF…
You are motivated by disrupting the norm.
You have a great sense of humor and take your profession seriously, but not yourself.
Your entrepreneurial spirit drives your bias for action.
You are all about constructive feedback – you can dish it out and you can take it.
You thrive in the frenetic energy of a startup.
Upside Travel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.