At Welcome, we are redefining the way people travel by offering them the most personalized and complete experience. Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome goes above and beyond the commoditized transfer service being the first company to deliver a complete, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalized way possible. Welcome’s drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travelers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
Welcome has safely transported over 3 million travelers in more than 58 destinations around the world, including 1 million travelers in 2019 alone. 98% of those who travel with Welcome have rated its service as “Excellent”, making Welcome Pickups the new standard for in-destination travel services.
If you feel you are one of those stellar A-players who can join our mission and help us expand Welcome on a global scale we are waiting to hear from you.
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance, and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, putting simplicity and usability first, and creating memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Designer to lead all our online (web, app) design efforts. With your designs, you will help thousands of people across the world have a better travel experience and shape memories of a lifetime. You have a great opportunity to join a fast growing company, in a highly collaborative design-driven environment.
What you will do:
- Work on designing components on all of our three apps (traveler, driver, partner) from conception to final hand-off to engineering
- Work closely with the engineering team to assure that the end result matches the initial conception
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to engineering, product and management
- Continue expanding our existing design system.
You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. You have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior user interface design skills and you are able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio in Dribbble or Behance
- Proven experience leading the design efforts from conception to execution for other projects or companies
- Excellent visual design skills which match our brand guidelines and aesthetics
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Illustrator or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work well as a team in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedule – 15 hours / week minimum
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks