Chalk is a planning and analytics platform for K-12 that helps schools identify gaps in their curriculum and instruction. Our mission is to empower educators, through technology, in order to give every student an equal opportunity to participate in the future.
We’re looking for an experienced product designer to join our team full-time. You should be comfortable with talking to users, collaborating with engineers and other stakeholders, and thinking long term. A keen eye for identifying problems and a knack for creative solutions is critical.
As a Product Designer you will:
– Work directly with Chalk’s leadership, Head of Product, and Engineering Lead to outline product strategy
– Advocate for educators who use Chalk by deeply understanding their needs and contexts
– Concept, prototype, design, and present solutions that solve both business and user problems and deliver measurable outcomes
– Ideate solutions by creating sketches, flowcharts, wireframes, and mockups
– Get feedback through user interviews and testing and summarize insights for stakeholders
– Document design decisions and hand-off notes for developers
– Ensure that all product releases meet our standards for aesthetics and show that we care about the finer details
What we’re looking for:
– Strong portfolio showcasing your past work, process, and visual design skills
– 2+ years experience with end-to-end digital product design
– Proven track record of shipping digital products and features where you have collaborated with product stakeholders to achieve business outcomes
– Comfortable with ambiguity and able to rationalize difficult trade-offs
– Ability to clearly articulate design decisions, drawing on stakeholder insights and user interviews
What would stand out:
– Experience in the K-12 education space
– Experience with information architecture and/or redesigning navigation structures
– Experience in driving B2C paid user conversion
– Familiarity with web technologies to understand technical constraints when working with developers
What we offer:
– Competitive salary and employee stock options
– Health benefits, including dental, massages, prescriptions, and more!
– Monthly team lunch (we love food!)
– Flexible working hours (we are a fully remote company)
– Semi-annual company retreats (once it’s safe to gather in-person again)
We want to work with people who make our team better, and are passionate about improving education through technology.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you personally about why you feel you’d be a good fit at Chalk. Send us a short email to [email protected] And no, we don’t want a generic cover letter – just keep it short and sweet 🙂
ATTN. Be careful! You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. The employer won't know who reported this job.
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=6311" async></script>
Position: Product Designer.