Change.org is searching for a Strategic Experimentation Manager to join our newly formed Campaign Success Team, which offers free coaching and tools to more than 4000 petition starters a week (and growing!) to help them build and win their campaigns. The team is turbo-charging Change.org’s effort to help citizen activists achieve extraordinary things. For clarity, these are 2 roles with specific areas of focus for this team.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 50m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, hundreds of millions of signatures per year, 200 staff, and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We are profitable, growing fast, and executing on a plan to deepen and scale the social movements on our platform, from strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa, to bringing down the price of insulin across the United States, to fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil. We are seeing surging levels of activity right now as the world mobilizes to fight the Coronavirus and the cascading impacts of the Coronavirus on society’s most vulnerable.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about unlocking opportunities to empower organizers at scale to help us to maximize the value of this exciting new coaching program for Change.org users.
You will be based out of the United States and report to our Director of Campaign Success.
We have built the foundations for this program, and now we’re ready to set big ambitious goals to increase the value that it delivers for our users! Key outcomes in the next six months are:
The most important skills and capabilities for these roles are:
– You are an experienced people manager and you build a positive and engaged culture defined by mutual respect, empowered professional development, resilience, excellent communication, and outcomes focus.
– Experiment design, Data, and Analytics (most important for Experiments Focus role)
– You have experience building and running experiments (A/B testing, SEO testing), and are able to use quantitative data to identify opportunities, assess the impact of interventions, and make recommendations to improve performance.
– Training for Performance (most important for Training and Ops Focus role)
– You are able to develop a training system that empowers the team to build skills and address gaps
– You are able to build a strong strategy in your domain area, and establish systems of collaboration so that the skills, work, and wins can be shared across the team.
– You are outcomes oriented, able to operate in uncertainty and willing to find creative and scrappy solutions to get to results.
– Campaigning / organizing / social change / user success / communications
– You are a strong communicator, able write excellent copy to to engage and motivate our users and represent Change.org
– You are up to date with trends and developments in the digital campaigning / user success space.
– You understand the campaign lifecycle; the tactical toolbox available to those who seek to build power and make change; and the barriers faced by organizers.
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time position based in the United States. We are open to folks in the Pacific, Central, or Eastern time zones as the role will be remote for the foreseeable future. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. (For example, an annual salary of a Campaign Success Manager is $92,000 in San Francisco, and would be $88,500 in New York City or $83,500 in Washington DC). In exceptional circumstances, we may offer below the listed salary for high potential candidates with less experience, or above it for candidates with significantly more experience.
We are accepting applications until February 28. We anticipate moving very quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We have a diverse Campaign Success team, and we’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives across the company.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it – we invest in serious programs to bring in and support non dominant groups, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
ATTN. Be careful! You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles asking for such payments or financial details from you. The employer won't know who reported this job.
Place this code wherever you want the widget to appear on your page.
<script src="//jobicy.com/api/widget.js?5XyPbk5QqyZg=6430" async></script>
Position: Strategic Experimentation Manager.