Assurant is looking for Licensed Insurance sales agents to join our dynamic team. Come build a career with our team or grow your portfolio of work before you set out in new directions. We are a fast-paced, energetic environment where you drive the results while having the opportunity to connect remotely and enjoy competitive work from the comforts of home.
You will serve as the point of contact in fulfilling the insurance needs of our clients by assisting them with the sales process via live chat or selling coverage via inbound calls for: Renters Insurance, Manufactured Housing and Classic Car insurance.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- 90% Handle inbound calls for multiple products with no prospecting or cold calling
- 10% outbound calls to follow up on existing quotes
- Establish a good liaison with our client’s customers while selling Renters, Manufactured Housing, and Classic Car insurance
- Adopt and develop strategies while meeting departmental monthly sales goals
- Track and monitor personal results to meet monthly sales and key performance goals
- Follow underwriting requirements and corporate policies while negotiating sales
- Navigate a computerized data entry system, internet, and/or other relevant applications for tracking, information gathering, troubleshooting and transaction processing
- Complete mandatory licensure continuing education and other training sessions as appropriate
- Remain positioned and well informed of changes implemented that affect your work
- Our sales center is open from 8 AM to 10 PM ET on weekdays and 10 AM – 5 PM ET on weekends. Individuals will have the ability to earn earlier shifts through our quarterly, performance-based shift bid process.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) plus year of sales related experience
- Solid computer, grammar, and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess a 220 Property & Casualty or 20-44 Personal Lines insurance license or be willing to obtain one of these licenses.
- Ability to become appointed/licensed as a non-resident agent in all applicable states
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 2 plus years of call center/insurance experience
- Strong analytical, listening, problem-solving, and negotiating skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to prioritize tasks with shifting deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization internally and externally
The posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.