At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology. We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A little about the role:
Are you looking for a disruptive, inspiring, mission-driven organization where you can make an impact? Do you enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you can grow and learn?? The Devoted People team is looking for an experienced, results-driven Employee Relations Specialist to facilitate the full scope of employee relations issues from conflict resolution, policy compliance to corrective actions. You will work in close partnership with the HR Business Partners to drive consistent processes across assigned client groups.
Responsibilities will include:
- Point of contact for employees and leadership within assigned client groups for any type of conflict resolution.
- Ensure timely and compliant handling of all assigned grievance, discipline and policy interpretation requests, and support navigating internal resources by providing advice and counsel.
- Work collaboratively on employee relations matters such as corrective actions including warnings or performance improvement plans.
- Conduct fair and thorough investigations through resolution. Maintain accurate files, documentation and follow-up.
- Make suggestions to leaders and HR Business Partners on employee engagement, policy or process improvements based on trends.
- Support interactive processes with employees seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with Benefits and Legal.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Facilitate training to build employee relations skills among people managers.
- Assist with ad-hoc employee relations and HR department projects.
Attributes to success:
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to determine the root cause of issues.
- Highly collaborative and able to work both within and across teams.
- Ability to work through ambiguity, think creatively, be flexible and roll-up your sleeves.
- Exceptional communication skills, including group presentation and relationship development skills.
- Professional, confident manner and poised and articulate demeanor.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personality types and all job levels.
- Demonstrated history of exemplary ethics and integrity, including ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Active commitment to the identification and appropriate resolution of all business issues, whether they are rooted in business problems or are pure compliance concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for projects.
- Ability to exercise discretion related to sensitive employee matters.
- A culture champion, promoting company values to drive decision making.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Approximately 3+ years or more of relevant experience gained through increasingly responsible positions within Human Resources with a particular focus on employee relations.
- Experience in a high growth environment, with a non-exempt workforce.
- Knowledge of US employment laws and regulations, both at the federal and state level.
- Experience using Workday