Hyland Software is widely known as a great company to work for and a great company to do business with. Being a leader in providing software solution for managing content, processes and cases for organizations across the globe we enabled more than 16,000 organizations to digitalize their workplaces and transform their operations.
Currently we are looking for a Developer Intern in our Cologne, Germany Officeto support and work on our RD Automation Team. This position can be in the office or hybrid.
This is a paid position working part time (20) hours per week during the academic year and full time (40) hours per week during breaks from university. The tentative start date is 2023 March or April. This position will work in a global environment with a multicultural diverse team. Students will experience working at a growing company as they learn valuable skills in a real world setting.
What you will be doing
- Utilize department specific software and tools to complete assignments and tasks
- Participate in team meetings
- Develop code based on functional specifications through understanding of product code
- Test code to verify it meets the technical specifications and is working as intended, before submitting to code review
- Maintain accurate documentation and records on all projects assigned
- Engage with peers and team members to obtain knowledge to complete projects
- Complete all assignments as directed
- Follow all current standards utilized by your team
What will make you successful
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Profound knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Attentive to department needs as demonstrated by rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain solid rapport with team members as well as maintain professionalism with those outside of department
- Excellent oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Keen attention to detail
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Demonstrated success at maintaining high personal work standards
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the principal duties of the position.