Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce building a better cloud platform to create, manage and responsibly scale web applications.
As a collective with diverse backgrounds, we work together to test, innovate, and challenge one another, finding new ways to reimagine digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team, and help us build a better way.
We are currently looking for a highly driven Business Development Representative with a history of proven success to join our growing North America BDR Team. You will be responsible for developing business through top of the funnel activities in the North American market. You will report to the Global BDR Manager and will also work in close collaboration with our distributed sales team as well as our marketing team.
What you can expect
- Interact with inbound prospects through various channels to engage and qualify them for further sales engagement.
- Target and penetrate ABM target accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills – research accounts, identify key personas, generate interest and develop accounts to drive demand.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to develop and refine messaging, approach and to share learnings.
- Use CRM data and LinkedIn to figure out strategies to connect with buyers 1:1. This job is about working smarter, not just “hitting your dials.”
- Set up qualified meetings with prospects to drive opportunities and pipeline for the sales team.
- Use sales tools such as SFDC, Drift, ZoomInfo, SalesLoft and Sales Navigator to support your research and outreach.
What you bring
- A growth mindset and an empathetic spirit. The ability to think from other perspectives is a skill we ask from all Platformers.
- A strategic, analytical and methodical business development approach
- You’re a creative, resourceful, detail oriented, data-driven, well-organized team player with a proven track record of building rapport and exemplary customer experience
- You’re inquisitive and a hunter with at least 2 years of business development and cold calling experience.
Nice to have
- Experience working in an evolving startup/scale up environment
- Experience in business development for cloud/tech industry
If you don’t have all the required skills: we’re also looking for potential. We understand the importance of an active mind, and no one skill is more important to us than finding a good overall fit.
This is a remote job. Work anywhere within North America!
We’re a worldwide, distributed team looking for the best talent. Our remote model has been in practice and thriving since 2014. To us, remote work means flexibility and having truly diverse, global teams.
To maximize team collaboration with product, design and engineering teams, this role is preferred in the Americas time zones.
Company perks and benefits
- An innovative product you can believe in. We’re sustainably changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work by 96% of our employees, Forbes Top 30 Companies for Remote Jobs, and in France Best Workplaces for Women
- Hands on leadership that cares in a flexible, open work environment, where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas
- A global team, rich with culture and diversity
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Team offsites such as go-to-market teams kick-off, local meets, Exco offsites, marketing sponsored events, etc (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- A Wellness stipend and a Professional development budget
- Office equipment budget
- Fair PTO (standards based on location)
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline based on location)
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK, and FR employees only)
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- Additional compensation for on-call ops and support employees
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
How we hire
We know that a great hire won’t meet every requirement that we’ve outlined. If you can see yourself elevating the team, we want to hear your story. Few of us would be here had we not taken a chance.
You can expect 3 – 4 interviews on Google Meet. You will have the opportunity to meet with a variety of Platformers throughout the interview process. You’ll also have the opportunity to schedule virtual coffee chats with potential future peers to see if you can envision working together. Use interview and coffee time to make sure the company aligns with what you’re looking for in your future working environment.
Expect a higher number of interviews for director-level roles and above.
All roles require background checks.