As a critical member of our Finance Leadership Team, the VP, Controller will be responsible for our financial accounting, reporting and the overall control environment. As you grow, develop and inspire our growing Finance team, you will be a catalyst in transformation and helping to lift the Finance department to the next level as our business scales. You will directly support both the Executive and Senior Leadership Teams with recommendations and decisions across a breadth of strategic priorities, technical topics and complex transactions.
Lastly, we need your ideas, enthusiasm and energy – helping to contribute positively to our amazing (and evolving) company culture.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading our monthly financial close and reporting processes, ensuring accurate results are finalized by monthly deadlines.
- Overseeing the cash and treasury management as well as planning and executing strategies to optimize our capital.
- Reviewing and monitoring our consolidated balance sheet which entails tracking, reporting and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and improving internal control processes (including our financial systems).
- Managing our payroll function that entails a team of 3 direct reports.
- Governing Corporate and Sales tax compliance, reporting and general planning.
- Organizing and overseeing our annual financial year-end audits in both Canada and the UK.
- Leading and growing Controller and Payroll teams with a focus on hiring, developing and maintaining a high-performing team.
- Driving automation and system improvements to scale the Finance function.
- Supporting the VP, Finance Operations with technical guidance and research across a breadth of complex transactions, as needed.
- Being a strong voice on the Finance Senior Leadership Team by collaborating cross-functionally and building productive relationships at all levels of the company.
- Advising and driving improvements across ad hoc projects related to external reporting, taxation, and international operations.
- 10+ years of experience in a progressive financial leadership role, with at least 3 years in a senior-level role with a publicly traded company.
- Experience in a SaaS environment is strongly preferred.
- CPA, CA (CAD) or CPA (US) designation.
- A track record that demonstrates the ability to evolve quickly, influence others, and execute in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A passion for quantifying and story-telling results to our executive team and board members.
- Strong technical, research, problem-solving and collaboration skills; including strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and emerging accounting issues
- Experience managing financial systems, preferably for Netsuite.
- Knowledge of financial regulations in multiple jurisdictions throughout North America and other global locations.
Attributes and Characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Analytical – a resourceful problem solver, collaborates organization wide to get to the bottom of an issue or project, high attention to detail. Ability to research complex technical accounting guidance and recommendations.
- Communication – Excellent communicator. Proactively asks questions across the organization. Proven ability to filter detail to effectively communicate accounting
- Coaching & Feedback – a natural leader who prioritizes the continuous development and growth of the team and self.
- Organized – Efficient and able to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strategic Planning – Forward thinker, focused on initiatives and analysis to drive the business forward.
- Likes to have fun – At League we work hard, but we play hard too. It is important that we enjoy what we are building, celebrate our wins, and contribute in a positive way to our evolving culture.
USA APPLICANTS ONLY: The US-specific compensation range below for this full-time position is exclusive of bonus, equity and benefits. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for base salaries for the position across all US locations. Where in the band you may land is determined by job-related skills/experience and location. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your location during the hiring process.
Compensation range for USA applicants only
Our Application Process:
Applying to a role you love can be exhausting, and understanding the next steps can feel vague and uncertain. You have done the hard part of submitting your application; let’s do ours by sharing potential next steps
- You should receive a confirmation email after submitting your application.
- A recruiter (not a computer) reviews all applications at League.
- If we see alignment with League’s needs, a recruiter will reach out to learn more about your goals. The recruiter will also share the team-specific interview process depending on the roles you are exploring.
- The final step is an offer, which we hope you will accept!
- Prior to joining us, we conduct reference and background checks. Additional checks could be required for US Candidates, depending on the role you are exploring.