Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Software Engineer Developer position is a hands-on role that contributes to translating product and design requirements into working, production ready software. The Software Engineer will be a key member of the PAS development organization. They will provide best practices for building first in class software solutions by utilizing cloud native technologies.
The Main Responsibilities
- Advanced software engineering using modern software languages and architecture patterns
- Up-to-date knowledge of current trends in software development and cloud native technologies
- Developing enterprise web services in REST and GraphQL using the latest patterns
- Developing various data persistence frameworks leveraging SQL and No SQL solutions as appropriate
- Maintaining and resolving issues in a highly complex integration architecture
- Leveraging CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps platforms to deliver code into test and production
- Following up with application owners to resolve issues as needed
- Providing status on assignment tasks/daily standup tasks
- Participating in and being a member of a multi-location, global software development team
- Mentoring others in various technical areas, including business processes implemented in the team’s applications and the creation and delivery of designs and solutions in accordance with architectural direction.
- Engagement in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including requirements review, design, coding, code reviews, testing, deployment, and warranty support.
- Leading others in the application of principles, theories, concepts and use of software methodologies, tools, documentation processes, security protocols, and test procedures to successfully deliver projects.
- Contributing to design and architecture solutions for telecommunication workflow and order management systems. Assist with evaluation of future state technologies.
- Working with Software Analysts, Scrum Masters/Team Coaches, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Significant software engineering experience using Java
- Significant experience with integration technologies including REST and GraphQL Services, micro-services patterns, Open API specifications, and Kafka message queues
- Significant software development experience with business process management workflow and order management systems
- Understanding of enterprise databases including Oracle, Cosmos DB, and Mongo
- Ability to write and understand complex SQL queries, relational and non-relational data models
- Experience with data structuring standards including XML and JSON
- Proficient in complex front-end UI development using VueJs, CSS, Bootstrap, TypeScript
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git and GitHub
- Automation tools including Maven / Jenkins
- Experience with containerization technologies to include Kubernetes, Docker and HELM
- Experience with SAFE Agile and SCRUM software development methodology lifecycles
- Strong people skills - effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
- Self-starter, can-do attitude within a fast-moving business and technical environment
- Strong problem-solving skills, time management, and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of software development roles with expanding responsibilities and corresponding successful deliveries over time
- 4+ years professional experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Open API
- Cloud native
Requisition #: 324227
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.