OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #3 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.
Reporting into OpenSea’s Head of Consumer Marketing, the Social Marketing Manager will oversee all content and storytelling across OpenSea’s social media channels. Deeply collaborative, creative and strategic, this role will work closely with leads across the Consumer Marketing, Communications, Business Development, Product, and Community teams. The Social Marketing Manager will conceptualize and execute integrated social content programs that shape OpenSea’s brand, elevate groundbreaking projects and creators, and effectively introduce new products and features all while cultivating OpenSea’s community across various social and editorial channels.
- Proven experience leading social marketing or communications for a consumer company
- In-house experience – ideally in a high-growth startup environment
- Exceptional leader and coach with prior people management experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, editing skills, and experience presenting and defending plans to senior leaders
- Excellent at communicating up, across, and within the team with clarity and purpose
- Firm grasp on social media channels, as well as an ability to tailor strategies to reach multiple consumer audiences at once
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; ability to execute with ease in a high speed environment and build systems that allow for ease in managing content
- A prior interest in and understanding of blockchain, cryptocurrency, and/or NFT technology
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities; exhibits flexibility, resilience, and grace under pressure
- Low ego, high impact, team player. We’re in it together at OpenSea!
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.
The base salary for this full-time position, which spans across multiple internal levels depending on qualifications, ranges between $140,000 – $200,000 plus benefits & equity.