Splunk’s Cloud Infrastructure organization builds robust and resilient platform solutions for hosting Splunk’s enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced and use state-of-the-art technology.
Splunk‘s Cloud Infrastructure team helps scale and secure our new global SaaS offerings. Our Engineers are experienced in designing and building a secure network infrastructure and services that provide a critical foundation to Splunk’s Cloud SaaS platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, performance and security of Splunk’s network infrastructure. Technologies include L4/L7 Networking, DNS, Firewalls, VPN, Load Balancers, Kubernetes and TLS.
- Work with Cloud providers on integrating their networking products into our ecosystem. You will be developing and extending a control plane to scale and secure cloud networks on various cloud computing platforms (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure).
- Drive for automation. You are passionate about adopting and mastering new technologies that will help you automate routine tasks and free up time for innovation. You will be utilizing a variety of languages used in systems automation, ranging from Go/Python/Bash scripting to Terraform.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You’ll routinely use continuous delivery, testing and security best practices.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work on an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it’s how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- You have experience deploying critical cloud infrastructure solutions using state-of-the-art DevOps principles.
- Experience handling SaaS and/or On-prem applications for a large customer base.
- Have experience with one or more of the public cloud providers i.e. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with scripting for automation using Bash/Python/Go.
- Experience with CICD (Gitlab, Jenkins etc.,) and automation(Terraform etc.,) technologies and tools.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering best practices.
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $156,000 – 214,500 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $146,400 – 201,300 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $132,800 – 182,600 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!