We’re looking for an XR product designer who is passionate about user experience and prototyping, to join our growing team. This designer will focus on how our customers interact with their data and collaborators in virtual environments. A strong candidate will be highly collaborative, and comfortable designing and prototyping in 3D, with a portfolio that demonstrates spatial thinking, storytelling, and interaction design.
XR (extended reality – VR/AR/MR) is transforming how the world works. Using technologies like virtual and augmented reality, professionals in the building industry can review their designs, align on decisions, and collaborate within the spatial context of their 3D models.
The XR team is laying the foundation for how all Autodesk customers can leverage this transformational technology in the future, beginning with a focus on architecture, engineering, and construction.
Remote work allowed.
- Design beautiful and intuitive digital interfaces and interactions, choreographing a seamless experience across multiple touchpoints and platforms
- Own and evolve the UX and visual design of 2D and 3D interfaces
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to innovate, prototype, implement, and iterate on features
- Define feature requirements and design end-to-end interaction flows
- Write clear, thorough, and concise design specifications
- Collaborate on prototypes and test early-stage designs with users and internal stakeholders
- Constantly strive to improve the quality and overall experience of our products
- Connect directly with customers to understand their problems first-hand
- Use your visual, interaction, and product design skillset to turn customer problems into impactful solutions
- You think about design at every level — you’re detail oriented but can zoom out and collaborate on product vision and strategy
- You start by asking why, and always seek to understand the context of those you are designing for
- You own your designs from end-to-end (interaction flows, prototyping, visual design, documentation, etc.)
- You are highly collaborative, and love working with a team towards a common goal
- You are curious and love the challenge of learning something new
- You love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and are excited about new and emerging technology
- You have excellent communication skills for collaborating with a distributed team
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You have experience designing for immersive technologies like AR/VR/MR
- You have experience prototyping in XR using tools like ShapesXR, Unity, or Unreal Engine
- You have 5-7 years of experience building and shipping interactive products
Bonus Points if any of these apply to you:
- You can create clear and inspiring concept illustrations that help people to envision complex ideas
- You love doing user research and usability testing
- You have experience working with design systems in Figma
- You have experience with architecture, engineering, construction
- You have experience with animation and/or motion design
- You have experience designing digitally connected spaces or built environments
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. For U.S.-based roles, we expect a starting base salary between $103,200 and $178,090. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location, and may exceed this range. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply now >