GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by allowing them to build better software, together. An Enterprise Solutions Engineer position is open for an experienced individual located in Australia to provide support pre- and post-sales to our growing customer base in the region. The role will concentrate on the South Asia area, including the Greater China Region. An Enterprise Solutions Engineer is responsible for the technical relationships with customers and prospects and works internally with sales and product development to identify, design, and communicate solutions to meet customers’ business needs. This person acts as a resource for the sales and customer success teams, our front-line technical support team, and other functional departments within the company.
We’re extremely passionate about the quality of our work. If you are technically sharp and people oriented, you might be a fit for this role. We are looking to immediately fill this position in Australia.
- Identifying customer business requirements and matching them to existing and future product features
- Building joint customer strategies with enterprise sales and professional services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of GitHub Enterprise to prospective customers
- Answering GitHub product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the GitHub product
- Answering GitHub technical questions and helping customers integrate GitHub with their existing development tools and workflows
- Building relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on-site, and serving as a customer’s technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage best practices
- Learning about customers’ successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within GitHub, and advocating for customer interests
- Maintaining awareness of internal GitHub initiatives, the direction of the Source Control Management (SCM) industry, and trends in global developer collaboration tools and techniques.
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered for future product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience in sales/solutions engineering/presales, technical consulting, system integration project management for enterprise accounts; and/or 5+ years of engineering / software development experience in a customer-focussed role (internal or external) with an aptitude for solution development and presentation.
- Conversational, business and technical fluency (verbal and written) in both English and Mandarin.
- Ability to travel throughout Australia, South Asia and further abroad (APAC, USA, etc), up to 30% of the time, possibly more as required.
- Team-orientation and strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Knowledge of Source Control Management (SCM) tools and workflows
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must possess a relaxed, knowledgeable, and classy disposition front of people
- Experience working in or with large software development teams
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com workflows
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and DevOps best practice
- Knowledge of continuous integration, and continuous delivery tools and trends
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in Australia.
Apply now >