We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 5 million users and plan to double that number each year…which is where you come in.
What you’ll be doing
As Cleo grows rapidly, builds new products, and onboards more and more users, you will take the lead on ensuring that our platform remains safe for our users and profitable for the company through data driven access decisions.
You will be the lead product analyst in our fraud team. You will take the lead on ensuring we can move fast by leveraging rich user data to see insights turned into real impact in cutting down fraud rates. You will work with multiple third party partners, assessing their capabilities, determining their potential impact on Cleo, and integrating their data sources into our internal decision making frameworks.
This work will involve not only understanding and reducing the rates of various areas of financial crimes on the platform, but also understanding how our fraud rules impact our trusted customers and ensuring that our flows are as frictionless as possible. You’ll be running a host of A/B tests to find optimal fraud rules that balance precision and recall.
You’ll also sit within the wider data function here at Cleo; a hotshot team of 20 Product Analysts, Analytic Engineers, and Data Scientists with significant industry experience that are at the heart of everything we do at Cleo. You’ll have the opportunity to work with them in building the data platform that is the engine of Cleo’s growth.
We are looking for a self-starter, focused on results, with demonstrated success in utilising analytical insight to protect platforms from adversarial risk.
- Take on a senior analytics role on the fraud team, helping prioritise the workload and strategy of the team
- Define key fraud metrics and track KPIs to assess true risk to the company and our users
- Dig deep into our user behaviour and payments data to identify features indicative of potential fraud
- Collaborate with fraud investigators to identify trends and recommend new frameworks or rulesets to prevent future losses
- Work alongside our engineering, product, and data science partners to build a best-in-class fraud prevention, detection and response framework
- Optimise existing rules and create new data-backed fraud rules to cut down chargeback rates
- Collaborate with and assess potential third party partners that can supplement customer data or make more precise risk decisions
- Multiple years of experience doing quantitative analysis within a digital product environment
- Solid SQL experience. You know how to dig deep through various data sources to find insights
- Experience in an adversarial risk prevention or detection space, whether in community integrity, fincrime prevention, or account security
- Proven track record of proactively identifying new fraud rules, conducting root cause analysis, and/or optimising existing processes
- Exposure to both user facing product analytics as well as back-end process improvements
- Comfortable with defining metrics from scratch and creating dashboards
- Familiarity with conducting large-scale A/B experiments
- Preferred experience working with third party data (either with payments processors, risk engines, or data aggregators)
What do you get for all your hard work?
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/data – this position is AX3 level and we can pay £65,004 – £83,376 p.a depending on experience.
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Sofina, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we encourage you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office but this is fully flexible. If you’re 2+ hours outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us in-person a few times per year – and we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- Check out our new benefits package here: https://web.meetcleo.com/blog/big-benefits-energy-the-latest-cleo-employee-benefits
- 401k matching in the US and 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- 2 months paid sabbatical after 4 years at Cleo!
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- We’ll pay for your OpenAI subscription
- And many more!
Apply now >