As a leading provider of comprehensive digital signage solutions, Spectrio empowers clients to transform their business locations into modern, dynamic destinations for customers and employees.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and serving more than 150,000 global client locations across industries including automotive, healthcare, and financial services, Spectrio consistently ranks among the fastest-growing and largest companies in the Tampa Bay area.
As part of the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “Fast 50” and “Tampa Bay 200,” as well as being honored 11 times on the Inc. 5000. Spectrio’s digital signage software has received praise for its features and ease of use by reviewers on Capterra and G2, as well as winning multiple awards for creative content, technology, and innovation!
The Sales Engineer is passionate about Spectrio products and mission. A tech-savvy Sales Engineer to assist with the selling of complex scientific and technological products or services. The Sales Engineer’s responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products’ parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales where technical expertise may be required to fit the clients’ needs.
*Position is Remote. Considering candidates in the Southeast U.S. including FL, NC & TX .
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in the customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff and costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communicating effectively with team members, customers, and audiences of all technical levels
- Integrating our solutions with partner systems using a variety of protocols
- Continuous improvement to processes and practices with new ideas, concepts, methods, and technologies
- All other duties as assigned
- BA/BS University degree with a concentration in marketing, promotions, advertising sales, or business administration preferred
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience
- Familiarity with office software and phone systems
- Comfortable in working with cross-functional teams to drive efficient resolution.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in task completion.
- Highly professional with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with decisive judgment skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or closely related field preferred
Spectrio offers a wide range of benefits for our team members, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Parental Leave, 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, EAP, Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and Education Reimbursement.
Spectrio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category.